Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One SAVOR card now metal.

tag
Rogue46
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One SAVOR card now metal.

I just got off the phone with CapOne. They told me my account wasn't eligible for the metal card right now but i will be eligible next month for some reason...?  So they are going to call me on the 28th of March to let me know..

Message 11 of 149
Jetboy
Regular Contributor

@Rogue46 wrote:

I just got off the phone with CapOne. They told me my account wasn't eligible for the metal card right now but i will be eligible next month for some reason...?  So they are going to call me on the 28th of March to let me know..

Keep us posted. I may call them to see if I can get mine converted if they convert yours. In the past Capital One issued Venture metal cards to new Cardmembers for a limited time.They would never convert existing cardmembers cards to metal. Why I have no idea. Maybe they will relax that rule for Savor.

Message 12 of 149
Rogue46
Established Contributor

In hindsight I should have asked why I wasn't eligible and why waiting a month makes a difference. It seemed kind of odd at the time.

The CSR also mentioned they have been getting a lot of calls asking about the metal cards so my call wasn't out of the ordinary. She did say my Venture card couldn't be converted because it is a Venture one, Maybe the regular Venture can be now?

I will update this when I hear back.

Message 13 of 149
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied January 31, received my card February 14th.

My card is Metal and it's a beauty!
Message 14 of 149
Anonymous
Not applicable

What about someone that currently has a plastic Savor card that reports it lost/stolen.  Will the replacement card be metal?  If no one has attempted this yet, I'm quite willing to take one for the team and find out.  If it works and the replacement card is the new material, I could see lots of people being told "no" when requesting the conversion suddenly "misplacing" their card... Smiley Wink

Message 15 of 149
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

What about someone that currently has a plastic Savor card that reports it lost/stolen.  Will the replacement card be metal?  If no one has attempted this yet, I'm quite willing to take one for the team and find out.  If it works and the replacement card is the new material, I could see lots of people being told "no" when requesting the conversion suddenly "misplacing" their card... Smiley Wink

I've been wondering this myself.

I requested a new card once they stopped making them upside-down (that design always annoyed me) but it was before they started issuing new accounts with metal cards, so I'm not a data point for that.

For me it will also depend on how "pre-fab" their blanks are, since my account isn't WEMC like the new accounts are (it's only a Platinum).

Message 16 of 149
DemonHusker
Regular Contributor

I requested a new card a few days after seeing that they were sending out metal cards. I still had the version with the chip on the wrong side. I recieved the card a few days ago and it was still plastic but with the updated chip placement and Savor in white on the front. My account was originally a Platinum Preferred that got converted to Savor but is just a "platinum" account, no WEMC for me. Only good thing is i'm grandfathered in for $0 annual fee so that's a plus

Message 17 of 149
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine too came from a PC from Platinum to Savor, grandfathered with no AF and it's a regular MC not a WEMC.  Not sure if any of that matters with respect to the card material conversation.  I guess I can hold off a little bit and see what happens in the next month or so and at that time if nothing has changed go ahead and report the card lost and see what they send me.

Message 18 of 149
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called in yesterday on an unrelated matter, and mentioned that I had just gotten the metal version. The rep told me that they didn't have a lot of details on it, but she did confirm that they are issuing a metal version as first card for new accounts. She also mentioned that quantities are limited and that they didn't know how long they would be issuing them.
Message 19 of 149
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you just open your account recently I'm assuming?

Message 20 of 149
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.