Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One SAVOR card now metal.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One SAVOR card now metal.

Yes, that's correct. Opening date 1/31. Received the card 2/14.
Message 21 of 149
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@DemonHusker wrote:

I requested a new card a few days after seeing that they were sending out metal cards. I still had the version with the chip on the wrong side. I recieved the card a few days ago and it was still plastic but with the updated chip placement and Savor in white on the front. My account was originally a Platinum Preferred that got converted to Savor but is just a "platinum" account, no WEMC for me. Only good thing is i'm grandfathered in for $0 annual fee so that's a plus

I recall the same scenario happened when the Venture metal cards were launched for new customers.  Folks were calling-in, reaching out to the EO (this one never made sense), reporting cards lost, or requesting damaged replacements only to receive the plastic versions, again.

Message 22 of 149
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought I posted this question in this thread, but maybe I didn't submit it, or it was another thread entirely.  Anyway, those that have held one of these metal Savor versions, how does it compare to the metal cards from Chase like the CSP, Amazon Prime, etc?

Message 23 of 149
delaney1
Established Contributor

Has it been discussed that Savor cards are now metal?

DH lost his card a few days ago, just got the new one in the mail. It’s metal, definitely heavier. It’s slightly darker. The chip has moved to the left middle of the card, and the word Savor is now in white. I just called in for a replacement card too!

Message 24 of 149
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: Has it been discussed that Savor cards are now metal?

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/SmorgasBoard/Capital-One-SAVOR-card-now-metal/td-p/5491697

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 25 of 149
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's been talked about in the Smorgasboard section and this thread will probably get moved there too. Seems like they rolled it out on February 1st. What was once a nice novelty for the high end cards is now so main stream it loses its value. 

Message 26 of 149
delaney1
Established Contributor

Thanks for the link. I did a couple of searches and nothing came up.
Message 27 of 149
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@delaney1 wrote:

DH lost his card a few days ago, just got the new one in the mail. It’s metal, definitely heavier. It’s slightly darker. The chip has moved to the left middle of the card, and the word Savor is now in white. I just called in for a replacement card too!

I think this is the first I've read of an existing cardholder getting a replacement card that was metal... thanks for the data point!  Smiley Happy

Message 28 of 149
mxp114
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It's been talked about in the Smorgasboard section and this thread will probably get moved there too. Seems like they rolled it out on February 1st. What was once a nice novelty for the high end cards is now so main stream it loses its value. 

I got the email about the metal card offering in late November and received mine in early December. I agree about too many cards are becoming metal. It's definitely taken away from the unique Factor. I wonder what other material they could come up with? To differentiate their cards.

Message 29 of 149
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to know.  Can you give us any information on the account, like how long he's had the card... was he grandfathered in with no AF, or is it more recent, etc?

Message 30 of 149
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.