cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One SAVOR card now metal.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Has it been discussed that Savor cards are now metal?

@wasCB14 wrote:

Making a card metal won't make it not a Cap1 card.

Yes, I have a Savor coming in the mail...but I'm not going to use it for anything complicated.

I'm not sure what you mean at all with your post above... "complicated?" 

I think that overall Cap One is trash, but their Savor card especially with no AF does hold product value, IMO.

Message 41 of 149
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Complicated means I might need to dispute it or make a benefit claim (extended warranty, travel delay, etc.).

I might use it for a Disneyland passport and an estimated tax payment.
Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 42 of 149
Anonymous
Not applicable

Man, I wish I had known about the original Savor. Would have loved to have been able to PC my Quicksilver to a Savor so as to be grandfathered into the 4% on Dining/Entertainment for no AF.

At the very least, I’m hoping Cap1 will start opening up on the SavorOne PC’s. My CFU made my QS obsolete, so I’d like to have a dedicated dining card once I downgrade the CSP to a Freedom after year one.

I’m a sucker for metal cards, too lol
Message 43 of 149
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

At the very least, I’m hoping Cap1 will start opening up on the SavorOne PC’s. My CFU made my QS obsolete, so I’d like to have a dedicated dining card once I downgrade the CSP to a Freedom after year one.

Just a FYI, at least this was the case for me less than a year ago, you cannot downgrade the CSP to the Freedom.  What you need to do is downgrade the CSP to the CS (non-AF version) and then PC the CS to the Freedom.  It's an annoying extra step, but a necessary one.  The customer service agents don't even understand this.  If you ask them to downgrade your CSP to Freedom they'll simply tell you that it's not an option on your account and won't mention the non-AF CS that I mentioned above.  You've got to be smarter than them here and simply roll with that added step to get where you want to be with a Freedom in hand when the dust settles.

Message 44 of 149
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Just a FYI, at least this was the case for me less than a year ago, you cannot downgrade the CSP to the Freedom.  What you need to do is downgrade the CSP to the CS (non-AF version) and then PC the CS to the Freedom.  It's an annoying extra step, but a necessary one.  The customer service agents don't even understand this.  If you ask them to downgrade your CSP to Freedom they'll simply tell you that it's not an option on your account and won't mention the non-AF CS that I mentioned above.  You've got to be smarter than them here and simply roll with that added step to get where you want to be with a Freedom in hand when the dust settles.

Sounds tedious. I appreciate the insight! About how long did the conversion take from start to end? The last time I had a PC was when Cap1 accidentally changed my QS to a VentureOne (long story). It took me a solid 3 weeks beginning to end to have my QS back in use.

Message 45 of 149
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

FWIW, I went from CSP straight to CFU in Nov or Dec 2017. Already had a CF...though perhaps I should have tried to get a second one!

I prefer the new Savor to being grandfathered into the old. IIRC, the old had only a $150 SUB and CSR gives 4.5%+ towards travel on dining as a long-term travel option. 4% on entertainment is nice, but the card may be nerfed before I'd spend enough on entertainment to make up for the $350 difference in bonuses.

Message 46 of 149
JaseT
Established Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

FWIW, I went from CSP straight to CFU in Nov or Dec 2017. Already had a CF...though perhaps I should have tried to get a second one!

I prefer the new Savor to being grandfathered into the old. IIRC, the old had only a $150 SUB and CSR gives 4.5%+ towards travel on dining as a long-term travel option. 4% on entertainment is nice, but the card may be nerfed before I'd spend enough on entertainment to make up for the $350 difference in bonuses.

What's the difference between a grandfathered Savor and a new Savor, other than the AF?

BK7 Filed 12/16, Discharged 3/17 *** Current Revolving CL Total $122.1k *** PIF/AZEO
6/19 FICO SCORES:
On My Radar Cards: Nothing ATM
Future Goal Cards: US Bank Cash +, Citi Double Cash, Discover It, BoA Cash Rewards, USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex
Message 47 of 149
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wasCB14 wrote:

Correct, one can PC from the CSP directly to the FU, but not the Freedom.  When I tried to go from the CSP to the Freedom I was told I could only go to the FU.  This is where the additional step downgrading to the regular non-AF CS was necessary, as from that card one can PC to the Freedom.  I think they just make you jump through hoops here a bit as Chase wants to push people toward the FU rather than the Freedom.

Message 48 of 149
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Sounds tedious. I appreciate the insight! About how long did the conversion take from start to end? The last time I had a PC was when Cap1 accidentally changed my QS to a VentureOne (long story). It took me a solid 3 weeks beginning to end to have my QS back in use.

About 3 minutes to go from CSP --> CS, then another 3 minutes (say) a week later to go from CS --> Freedom. 

Message 49 of 149
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@JaseT wrote:

@wasCB14 wrote:

What's the difference between a grandfathered Savor and a new Savor, other than the AF?

New Savor: $500 bonus after $3k spend in 3 months, no AF first year, $95 AF after that.

Grandfathered Savor: No AF, but the bonus was only $150 for $500 spend in 3 months.

I plan to only keep the card for a year or two. The AF doesn't bother me because the bonus has been greatly improved.

Message 50 of 149
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.