cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One SAVOR card now metal.

tag
Rogue46
Established Contributor

Re: Has it been discussed that Savor cards are now metal?

A few people mentioned going for a replacement but we're still sent the plastic version so mileage varies I guess.

Message 81 of 149
Anonymous
Not applicable

@delaney1 wrote:

As I mentioned somewhere upthread, I requested a new card for DH after he lost his. The replacement was metal, so I Immediately jumped online, and ordered a replacement for me using the damaged option. Just received my replacement for a “damaged” card, and it is metal. 

Refresh my memory so I don't have to go back through the previous pages of this thread, but was your account and his account pre-AF "grandfathered in" versions, or were they more recent?

Also you said that you jumped online and ordered a replacement using the damaged option.  When I go and do that, whether I select damaged or lost, it just gives an 800 number to call to initiate the replacement.  From the sound of your post above, you were able to compete the process online without having to call?

Message 82 of 149
delaney1
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@delaney1 wrote:

As I mentioned somewhere upthread, I requested a new card for DH after he lost his. The replacement was metal, so I Immediately jumped online, and ordered a replacement for me using the damaged option. Just received my replacement for a “damaged” card, and it is metal. 

Refresh my memory so I don't have to go back through the previous pages of this thread, but was your account and his account pre-AF "grandfathered in" versions, or were they more recent?

Also you said that you jumped online and ordered a replacement using the damaged option.  When I go and do that, whether I select damaged or lost, it just gives an 800 number to call to initiate the replacement.  From the sound of your post above, you were able to compete the process online without having to call?

My account is a pre-AF, grandfathered in after a PC from QS to Savor last summer. You triggered my memory. I also had to call in after trying to replace my card online. It was a completely automated call though, no more than a minute or two at the most. I just chose the option for damaged card, and the system said it would send a new card out.

Message 83 of 149
Manonfire
Regular Contributor

I called and spoke to a rep and asked to replace my “damaged” grandfathered savor MasterCard. They started to initiate the process and then I asked about the metal version. The rep put me on hold and came back and said I was eligible for a metal card and that I would receive it in 4-6 days.
Message 84 of 149
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great info above from both of you.  Thanks!

Message 85 of 149
Hex
Valued Contributor

Last Friday (7 days ago) after reading about the possibility of a metal upgrade to my Savor Card I went on the Cap1 mobile app and reported my card damaged. Today I got the new card in the mail and.... IT IS METAL!!! I must have some sort of a screw loose because I’m sooo excited!!!!
Data points for all:
Got the card as a Quicksilver World Elite Master Card with a $15K limit in April of 2017.
PC’d to the Savor Card about two months before they revamped the Savor Card and added the annual fee.
So it’s possible to get a metal grandfathered Savor Card!!!
Message 86 of 149
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Hex wrote:

So it’s possible to get a metal grandfathered Savor Card!!!

Great info.  I requested a new card (citing "damaged") yesterday and today it shipped out.  Like you, I have a PC'd Savor grandfathered in with no AF.  I will report back next week after receiving the replacement card as to it's material.

Message 87 of 149
Anonymous
Not applicable

update to my previous post - 

Thursday I received my replacement card.  It is indeed metal as the CSR stated, and like another member mentioned it has the contactless payment feature.  You can more clearly see the 2-ply construction which is what I have come to expect from a card with NFC payment feature.  it looks like the AMEX Gold card with the matte finish on the back and the metal on the front....for those familiar with the materials, is the back plastic?  It feels sturdy and hard but it's clearly different than the Venture, Platinum, Sapphire (weight not a factor)

Message 88 of 149
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Has anyone gotten any backtalk or cynicism from a CS rep?

"Suuure your card is damaged. There's nothing suspicious at all about reports of "lost" or "damaged" cards being up 3158% this month."

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 89 of 149
JaseT
Established Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:

Has anyone gotten any backtalk or cynicism from a CS rep?

"Suuure your card is damaged. There's nothing suspicious at all about reports of "lost" or "damaged" cards being up 3158% this month."

Cap One already knows this song & dance. They've been through it before with the Venture card.

BK7 Filed 12/16, Discharged 3/17 *** Current Revolving CL Total $122.1k *** PIF/AZEO
6/19 FICO SCORES:
On My Radar Cards: Nothing ATM
Future Goal Cards: US Bank Cash +, Citi Double Cash, Discover It, BoA Cash Rewards, USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex
Message 90 of 149
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.