cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One SAVOR card now metal.

tag
delaney1
Established Contributor

Re: Has it been discussed that Savor cards are now metal?

@Anonymous wrote:

Good to know.  Can you give us any information on the account, like how long he's had the card... was he grandfathered in with no AF, or is it more recent, etc?

It is my account. He is an AU. Switched from QS( opened in 2015) to SAVOR last June, so yes, we were grandfathered in with no AF.

I’m going to be ticked off if I don’t get a metal replacement  card since it’s not even his account. LOL.

Message 31 of 149
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gotcha.  Thanks for the info.  So this means then that metal cards are definitely not for just:

• New Savor accounts
  • Recent (AF) but not new Savor accounts
  • Not for only non-PC'd Savor accounts

This is good news for everyone really that has hopes of getting the new material card.

Message 32 of 149
JaseT
Established Contributor

After hearing about the SNAZZY SAVOR in metal, I called Cap One and ordered a replacement card through their automated system. It arrived yesterday in all its plastic glory. Smiley Frustrated Got on the online chat and asked the rep if they could send me a metal card and he said, "Sure!" Supposed to be here within a week. We shall see what shows up!

One practice I really don't like is banks sending out credit cards that are already activated and ready to use. I prefer having to activate the card myself for obvious reasons!

ETA: My Savor was a Plat upgrade and is grandfathered in with the no-AF group.

BK7 Filed 12/16, Discharged 3/17 *** Current Revolving CL Total $122.1k *** PIF/AZEO
6/19 FICO SCORES:
On My Radar Cards: Nothing ATM
Future Goal Cards: US Bank Cash +, Citi Double Cash, Discover It, BoA Cash Rewards, USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex
Message 33 of 149
Rogue46
Established Contributor

I was bored so I logged on to the CapOne chat and asked about getting a metal card. This was the reply.

"I completely understand your need. But, currently the metal card feature is available only for Venture accounts. We are in the process of including this option on all other accounts as well. If it is available for Savor accounts the same will be advertised on our website."

When I inquired about upgrading my Venture he said it's only for new accounts so I guess it depends on the CSR..??

Message 34 of 149
UncleB
Credit Mentor

It looks like there's a lack of consistency on who gets issued a metal card.  Smiley Frustrated

Message 35 of 149
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rouge46. Well, we already know what you received was bad info as it factually exist. They swore to me the same thing via Twitter as I literally paid for coffee with one at my local spot. 😂 I think I posted that Twitter convo via another post on this topic.

As mentioned earlier, it appears it's specific to new accounts only. From a timeline standpoint, accounts opened early to mid January perhaps. Solely basing that one threads I've read.

Who really knows tho!!
Message 36 of 149
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

It looks like there's a lack of consistency on who gets issued a metal card.  Smiley Frustrated

What he said....👆🏾 😂

Message 37 of 149
Rogue46
Established Contributor

Yeah I know, i've been told something different everytime I speak to a CSR. Just thought i'd throw that convo out there.

Message 38 of 149
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JaseT wrote:

Got on the online chat and asked the rep if they could send me a metal card and he said, "Sure!" Supposed to be here within a week. We shall see what shows up!

Since we're in the same exact boat, I'm looking forward to your update once you receive it.  If you have success I'll follow your blueprint.

CSR's are notoriously misinformed, especially when it comes to changes... you can ask 5 different CSR's the same question and get 5 different answers for sure.

Message 39 of 149
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@JaseT wrote:

Got on the online chat and asked the rep if they could send me a metal card and he said, "Sure!" Supposed to be here within a week. We shall see what shows up!

Since we're in the same exact boat, I'm looking forward to your update once you receive it.  If you have success I'll follow your blueprint.

CSR's are notoriously misinformed, especially when it comes to changes... you can ask 5 different CSR's the same question and get 5 different answers for sure.

Making a card metal won't make it not a Cap1 card.

Yes, I have a Savor coming in the mail...but I'm not going to use it for anything complicated.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 40 of 149
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.