cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One SAVOR card now metal.

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Regular Contributor

Re: That METAL Savor though yessss! No regrets!


@ZainxIqbal wrote:

@Ktspicks wrote:

Oh boy! 🤗🥳 App’d for the Savor on February 15th, approved for $30,000, got the card today (2/22) 💕 Metal metal metal!

 

She is so solid, so heavy and so pretty! My name is etched into it, also etched are the lines in the copper color front. The back has a shiny cut world MasterCard logo along with tap pay. Name and card number is also etched into the back 🤤

 

Now how do I resist dropping it from great heights onto the table and listening to the sound of it clanking about every time I pay? How do I resist placing it in my pillow each night to cool the warm side down? How do I resist cutting my cheese with it while drinking wine? 🤔🤣 what am I to do?!



Congrats! 🎊 Fantastic SL. I didn’t think Cap1 even gave limits past 20k lol. I’m gonna sound really nerdy asking this, but any chance we could get a weight measurement for the card? FWIW, the CSP and CSR are 13 grams.


She weighs in at exactly 17 grams on my trusty electronic kitchen scale. I can’t stop taking out of my wallet to hold it 🤣

805 Equifax, 815 TransUnion, 792 Experian

$30,000 Savor Capital One
$29,000 Boeing Employees MasterCard
$18,000 Synchrony Care Credit
$17,000 Boeing Employees CU Visa
$15,000 US Bank Cash Plus Visa
$14,000 Bank Of America World Cash Rewards MasterCard
$14,000 Platinum Visa Columbia Bank Auth User
$14,000 Best Buy Citi Card
$13,500 American Express Blue Cash Everyday
$10,000 Propel Wells Fargo Amex
$9,500 Bank of America Visa
$1,000 Maurice’s Capital One

Total personal CL’s $155,500
Message 61 of 149
Regular Contributor

Re: That METAL Savor though yessss! No regrets!


@wasCB14 wrote:

Ktspicks,

 

Metals have a reasonably high specific heat capacity. If you have it in your hands while you play with it shortly before bed, it may (very slightly) warm your pillow.

 

I may or may not have thrown a card down a hallway to ninja-star a cardboard box...


Oh that sounds like fun but I’d hate to scratch this beauty 🤣 I’m a welder so metal things get extra points in my book 👩🏻‍🏭 

805 Equifax, 815 TransUnion, 792 Experian

$30,000 Savor Capital One
$29,000 Boeing Employees MasterCard
$18,000 Synchrony Care Credit
$17,000 Boeing Employees CU Visa
$15,000 US Bank Cash Plus Visa
$14,000 Bank Of America World Cash Rewards MasterCard
$14,000 Platinum Visa Columbia Bank Auth User
$14,000 Best Buy Citi Card
$13,500 American Express Blue Cash Everyday
$10,000 Propel Wells Fargo Amex
$9,500 Bank of America Visa
$1,000 Maurice’s Capital One

Total personal CL’s $155,500
Message 62 of 149
Regular Contributor

Re: That METAL Savor though yessss! No regrets!


@BrutalBodyShots wrote:

@ZainxIqbal wrote:


Congrats! 🎊 Fantastic SL. I didn’t think Cap1 even gave limits past 20k lol. I’m gonna sound really nerdy asking this, but any chance we could get a weight measurement for the card? FWIW, the CSP and CSR are 13 grams.


Interesting data on the weight!  Curious to hear the Savor weight from someone that has the means to measure it.


Just weighed her now and she’s 17 grams

805 Equifax, 815 TransUnion, 792 Experian

$30,000 Savor Capital One
$29,000 Boeing Employees MasterCard
$18,000 Synchrony Care Credit
$17,000 Boeing Employees CU Visa
$15,000 US Bank Cash Plus Visa
$14,000 Bank Of America World Cash Rewards MasterCard
$14,000 Platinum Visa Columbia Bank Auth User
$14,000 Best Buy Citi Card
$13,500 American Express Blue Cash Everyday
$10,000 Propel Wells Fargo Amex
$9,500 Bank of America Visa
$1,000 Maurice’s Capital One

Total personal CL’s $155,500
Message 63 of 149
Regular Contributor

Re: That METAL Savor though yessss! No regrets!


@slowbut850sure wrote:

I'll try to speak to the card value and the materials -

 

I read online that the card is 18g, which is also what I think the Venture card is.  

 

it also appears the contactless feature is gone with the metal card.  

 

I will let you know as soon as I get the new card.  I read this whole thread and a little bit on Reddit - started a chat with CSR

FYI - I called CSR a week ago and asked for metal card.  He put me on hold and then hung up on me.  This seems to be a pattern whenever I ask a difficult question.  lol I'm not even kidding

 

CSR told me metal was for new applicants only.  I tactfully made a stink about certain events in  my account history, the age of my accounts, and the new Venture card I opened last year.  - got a supervisor - they informed me I am eligible for metal and are sending the metal.  Only time will tell if they were telling the truth.  I opted for standard shipping, didn't feel like paying the $16 for expedited. 

 

I have Sapphire PReferred, AMEX Gold(upgraded to gold and rose), Venture, and AMEX business Platinum.  

Chase card feels the thinnest, lightest and flimsiest.  I have a scale that can weigh the cards and will let you know if/when I get the metal Savor.  

 

 

 

 

in terms of value - I too have a funky Platinum Mastercard version of this card, product changed right after the card came out so GF into $0 AF but also have the 4% dining/entertainment

 

-on one hand I really am tempted to apply for a new card at some point.  Getting a WEMC is on my credit wish list and having a $500 SUB is pretty sweet.  I realistically will probably never do this, at least I'll probably be too late for a $500 SUB by the time i'm ready years from now.  I am satisified with the peace of mind that I can keep this open forever theoretically and keep earning 4% and never have an AF.  

 

-on the other hand, getting the 4% rate without AF is pretty sweet.  I am surprisingly pleased with what comes up as 'entertainment'.  only had 1 negative so far - a local farm that has a playground/amusement park/paintball has themselves coded as something stupid like a library or something, I only got 1%.  But there have been plenty of transactions I didn't think would be entertainment coding at 4%, almost don't want to share in case it becomes an issue and then C1 moves the goal post..so to speak....

 

-yes, my AMEX Gold seems a more attractive proposition with 4x MR points BUT it is only on US dining.  It was worthless to me overseas.  I recently used both Sapphire Preferred and SAvor card overseas for global dining.  So for me the Savor is a winner with international dining.  

.....when it works.  I set a travel notice and still got declined a couple times, had to call customer service from overseas.  Thank god I managed to pick up a new cell service that had unlimited calling, text, and LTE data without the $10 daily fee. 

 

technically Sapphire Reserve can get you 4.5% cash value on dining but you must redeem for travel through their portal, which has been getting almost completely negative reviews since Chase changed travel partner/portal.  You really need to transfer the UR points out to get better than 4% value.  A little birdie said there's a way to get extra value by transferring Savor cash to Venture points.  I'm going to give it a shot and see if stacking the values and then transferring to an airline works.  


The card I just got yesterday has the contactless feature and is 17 grams of metal beauty

805 Equifax, 815 TransUnion, 792 Experian

$30,000 Savor Capital One
$29,000 Boeing Employees MasterCard
$18,000 Synchrony Care Credit
$17,000 Boeing Employees CU Visa
$15,000 US Bank Cash Plus Visa
$14,000 Bank Of America World Cash Rewards MasterCard
$14,000 Platinum Visa Columbia Bank Auth User
$14,000 Best Buy Citi Card
$13,500 American Express Blue Cash Everyday
$10,000 Propel Wells Fargo Amex
$9,500 Bank of America Visa
$1,000 Maurice’s Capital One

Total personal CL’s $155,500
Message 64 of 149
Super Contributor

Re: That METAL Savor though yessss! No regrets!


@Ktspicks wrote:


Just weighed her now and she’s 17 grams


Thanks for the data.  At 17 grams, it sounds like the Savor card mass wise is about 30% greater than Chase's metal cards.  Interesting stuff!

Message 65 of 149
New Contributor

Re: That METAL Savor though yessss! No regrets!

17 grams is hefty. Chase and Wells Fargo are slacking with their weights. The $450 AF CSR should match the Platinum’s 19 grams. The CSP should match with Cap1’s 17 grams at the very least. Wells Fargo’s Propel’s measly 10 grams barely feels like metal, so it’s a failed effort. I’m really loving the new metal trend, but I’m hoping it doesn’t get out of hand. The last thing the world needs is a metal CreditOne card.

Current Cards:


Next Cards:
Message 66 of 149
Senior Contributor

Re: That METAL Savor though yessss! No regrets!


@ZainxIqbal wrote:
17 grams is hefty. Chase and Wells Fargo are slacking with their weights. The $450 AF CSR should match the Platinum’s 19 grams. The CSP should match with Cap1’s 17 grams at the very least. Wells Fargo’s Propel’s measly 10 grams barely feels like metal, so it’s a failed effort. I’m really loving the new metal trend, but I’m hoping it doesn’t get out of hand. The last thing the world needs is a metal CreditOne card.

In the eyes of a JPMR or Centurion holder, if they care, a metal CSR or Platinum might be getting out of hand.

In the eyes of a CSR/Platinum holder, a metal CSP or Amex Gold might be getting out of hand.

To a CSP or Gold holder, metal Cap One cards might be getting out of hand. *After all, Savor has a nice bonus, but Cap One's poor reputation for customer service and non-expedited shipping brings the phrase "lipstick on a pig" to mind.*

 

It's all relative. Personally, I think it's weird that people read so much into a few cents' worth of base metal that anyone can apply for. I'd rather Capital One automatically expedite cards.

Most spend: CSR, CFU, BBP
Rewards/AAoA ballast: CF, Discover, Costco, ED, Arrival
Perks: Schwab Platinum, IHG49, Hyatt75, Brilliant, Delta Platinum
Potential closures/downgrades: Savor, BCP, Double Cash
Message 67 of 149
Frequent Contributor

Re: That METAL Savor though yessss! No regrets!


@slowbut850sure wrote:

I'll try to speak to the card value and the materials -

 

I read online that the card is 18g, which is also what I think the Venture card is.  

 

it also appears the contactless feature is gone with the metal card.  

 

I will let you know as soon as I get the new card.  I read this whole thread and a little bit on Reddit - started a chat with CSR

FYI - I called CSR a week ago and asked for metal card.  He put me on hold and then hung up on me.  This seems to be a pattern whenever I ask a difficult question.  lol I'm not even kidding

 

CSR told me metal was for new applicants only.  I tactfully made a stink about certain events in  my account history, the age of my accounts, and the new Venture card I opened last year.  - got a supervisor - they informed me I am eligible for metal and are sending the metal.  Only time will tell if they were telling the truth.  I opted for standard shipping, didn't feel like paying the $16 for expedited. 

 

I have Sapphire PReferred, AMEX Gold(upgraded to gold and rose), Venture, and AMEX business Platinum.  

Chase card feels the thinnest, lightest and flimsiest.  I have a scale that can weigh the cards and will let you know if/when I get the metal Savor.  

 

 

 

 

in terms of value - I too have a funky Platinum Mastercard version of this card, product changed right after the card came out so GF into $0 AF but also have the 4% dining/entertainment

 

-on one hand I really am tempted to apply for a new card at some point.  Getting a WEMC is on my credit wish list and having a $500 SUB is pretty sweet.  I realistically will probably never do this, at least I'll probably be too late for a $500 SUB by the time i'm ready years from now.  I am satisified with the peace of mind that I can keep this open forever theoretically and keep earning 4% and never have an AF.  

 

-on the other hand, getting the 4% rate without AF is pretty sweet.  I am surprisingly pleased with what comes up as 'entertainment'.  only had 1 negative so far - a local farm that has a playground/amusement park/paintball has themselves coded as something stupid like a library or something, I only got 1%.  But there have been plenty of transactions I didn't think would be entertainment coding at 4%, almost don't want to share in case it becomes an issue and then C1 moves the goal post..so to speak....

 

-yes, my AMEX Gold seems a more attractive proposition with 4x MR points BUT it is only on US dining.  It was worthless to me overseas.  I recently used both Sapphire Preferred and SAvor card overseas for global dining.  So for me the Savor is a winner with international dining.  

.....when it works.  I set a travel notice and still got declined a couple times, had to call customer service from overseas.  Thank god I managed to pick up a new cell service that had unlimited calling, text, and LTE data without the $10 daily fee. 

 

technically Sapphire Reserve can get you 4.5% cash value on dining but you must redeem for travel through their portal, which has been getting almost completely negative reviews since Chase changed travel partner/portal.  You really need to transfer the UR points out to get better than 4% value.  A little birdie said there's a way to get extra value by transferring Savor cash to Venture points.  I'm going to give it a shot and see if stacking the values and then transferring to an airline works.  


Does contactless mean you can tap to pay, cause DH’s metal Savor still has that ability.

Message 68 of 149
Regular Contributor

Re: That METAL Savor though yessss! No regrets!

@delaney1 - yes, thanks for the update.  There was another member a few posts ago indicating their metal version also had the contactless/tap-to-pay ability which is great.  I wish the metal Venture had that ability.  Contactless transactions are faster and reduce the chances of the overeager cashier power swiping or power jamming the card into the chip reader and leaving big streaks down your card.  

 

said feature has really come in handy with the AMEX Gold.  Definitely wish the AMEX Platinum had the contactless feature but then again I guess they can't do it with a solid piece of metal, the two piece design is apparently necessary for inserting the additional electronics?

started tracking Experian - Starting Score:523 | Current Score:672 | Goal Score:740
now tracking all 3

2/20/19
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 69 of 149
Senior Contributor

Re: That METAL Savor though yessss! No regrets!


@slowbut850sure wrote:

@delaney1 - yes, thanks for the update.  There was another member a few posts ago indicating their metal version also had the contactless/tap-to-pay ability which is great.  I wish the metal Venture had that ability.  Contactless transactions are faster and reduce the chances of the overeager cashier power swiping or power jamming the card into the chip reader and leaving big streaks down your card.  

 

said feature has really come in handy with the AMEX Gold.  Definitely wish the AMEX Platinum had the contactless feature but then again I guess they can't do it with a solid piece of metal, the two piece design is apparently necessary for inserting the additional electronics?


Contactless is available on the metal Platinum. I don't know the manufacturing process, but it is slightly lighter than the non-contactless metal Platinum.

Most spend: CSR, CFU, BBP
Rewards/AAoA ballast: CF, Discover, Costco, ED, Arrival
Perks: Schwab Platinum, IHG49, Hyatt75, Brilliant, Delta Platinum
Potential closures/downgrades: Savor, BCP, Double Cash
Message 70 of 149
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.