cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Venture Plastic

tag
WED321

Capital One Venture Plastic

I've had the Capital One Savor ($95 annual fee - metal card) for a while and never really used it to its potential as I prefer my Amex Gold for dining. I got a PC offer for a Venture card ($95 annual fee) and took that to make it my backup card for places that don't take Amex. However, when the card arrived, it was a standard plastic card, not the metal version. I called Capital One and they stated that they "don't issue metal cards upgrades from plastic". My Savor was a metal card and this the Venture is marketed as a metal card. 

Has anyone experienced this and is there a way to get the metal version? I know it's not a big deal, but as I am paying the same annual fee and I am coming from a metal card, I feel as though they should issue this card as a metal one. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
hawkins
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One Venture Plastic

Capital One is weird about that. If you are a new applicant you get the metal one. If you have the card already since a certain year you get metal but if you upgrdade from something like you did you get plastic. I never understood the logic in that.

Message 2 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@WED321 wrote:

I've had the Capital One Savor ($95 annual fee - metal card) for a while and never really used it to its potential as I prefer my Amex Gold for dining. I got a PC offer for a Venture card ($95 annual fee) and took that to make it my backup card for places that don't take Amex. However, when the card arrived, it was a standard plastic card, not the metal version. I called Capital One and they stated that they "don't issue metal cards upgrades from plastic". My Savor was a metal card and this the Venture is marketed as a metal card. 

Has anyone experienced this and is there a way to get the metal version? I know it's not a big deal, but as I am paying the same annual fee and I am coming from a metal card, I feel as though they should issue this card as a metal one. 

@WED321, upgrades or PCs do not get the Venture metal version, sorry. New applicants typically do, however. Otherwise, if you're hung up on the card being metal, maybe consider Venture X.

Message 3 of 6
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

I would talk to a supervisor or two.

I have found some great supervisors at Cap One in the past.

Pretty sure I am grandfathered in to $0 AF on Savor and $59 AF on Venture.

They have treated me very well even though they dropped my CL over $30k.  
LOL.

GL!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 4 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Shooting-For-800 wrote:

I would talk to a supervisor or two.

Over a metal card? 😂😂 

Message 5 of 6
TSlop
Valued Contributor

The website doesn't mention the Venture is metal. I also asked their CS on Twitter, and they said it is not metal. Has anyone actually got a metal one recently from a new app?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.