cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One card image change

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Senior Contributor

Re: Capital One card image change

@Saeren wrote:

"Our current image guidelines restrict the use of certain types of images. The following guidelines have been put in place to help you with your selection; however, Capital One reserves the right to approve or deny any image at our sole discretion. 

Please do not submit any image that contains the following:

• Copyrighted material - if you didn't take the photo and/or you don't own the rights to use it, we will not accept it. Images submitted with any type of visible watermark are not permitted (even if you are the person who took the picture or if the watermark does not appear on the card view)
  • Trademarked material - avoid submitting images containing visibly branded products, such as car emblems, sports team/league logos/Olympic logos or other visible trademarks or logos
  • Celebrities, actors / musicians, public figures, athletes, cartoon figures, or other well-known figures
  • Content that is not clearly comprehensible or discernible. This includes non-English text, images where the subject matter is unclear (i.e. blurry, distorted, etc.) or may be interpreted as violating the guidelines
  • Business promotional content on consumer accounts (this may be permitted on small business accounts) or any image that promotes a cause, club, association, fraternity/sorority or other type of organization
  • Children who are not COMPLETELY clothed. Children in bathing suits, diapers, etc. are NOT permitted
  • The addition of text (numbers or letters) anywhere on a personal card (may be permitted on our small business card)
  • Political, religious, or anti-religious statements and/or content
  • Drug use and/or drug products
  • Anything that is perceived as abuse or underage use of alcohol or tobacco
  • Provocative, lewd, or sexual content - including nude or semi-nude pictures of people of any age
  • Phone numbers (e.g. 800 or 900 numbers), addresses (physical, email, or social media), or URL addresses (e.g. www.xyz.com) unless on a Small Business credit card and it is part of the official business name
  • Flags of any kind (national, state, organizational, etc)
  • Depictions of violence, violent acts, or any type of death imagery (including images of skulls, ace of spades etc.)
  • Firearms or other weapons that are the central focus of the image, or where the firearm or weapon is being used or held in a manner that could be considered threatening, or is being used in an irresponsible manner
  • Profanity, obscene content, and content that may be deemed to be in poor taste; socially unacceptable or discriminatory behavior or signs (e.g. depictions of gangs, hatred, graffiti, etc.)
  • Any reference to the Visa or MasterCard sponsorship properties
  • Money from any country (including the United States) where money is the central focus of the photo
  • Content that could lead to identity theft (including license plate images, social media pages, driver's licenses, and any other non-public information)
  • Names, trademarks or logos of other financial companies (e.g. Discover, American Express, Visa, MasterCard, etc.) or any type of negative financial commentary
  • Any image that includes emoji, stickers, or filters from an internet app; images that include anime or memes

The restrictions actually make it useless for most things that aren't photos you took yourself of like a family pet or something. If it wasn't such a hassle to go back to the stock image, I would do that and get rid of my current design I picked from their image library."

^ from the Capital One card image page. You can't get to it without logging in so I can't link it. 

Hmm...what about dressing up as a Roman Centurion, with armor but not weapons, and having someone take your photo as you stood in profile?

Most spend: CSR, CFU, BBP
Rewards/AAoA ballast: CF, Discover, Costco, ED, Arrival
Perks: Schwab Platinum, IHG49, Hyatt75, Brilliant, Delta Platinum
Potential closures/downgrades: Savor, BCP, Double Cash
Message 11 of 14
Super Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:

@Saeren wrote:

"Our current image guidelines restrict the use of certain types of images. The following guidelines have been put in place to help you with your selection; however, Capital One reserves the right to approve or deny any image at our sole discretion. 

Please do not submit any image that contains the following:

• Copyrighted material - if you didn't take the photo and/or you don't own the rights to use it, we will not accept it. Images submitted with any type of visible watermark are not permitted (even if you are the person who took the picture or if the watermark does not appear on the card view)
  • Trademarked material - avoid submitting images containing visibly branded products, such as car emblems, sports team/league logos/Olympic logos or other visible trademarks or logos
  • Celebrities, actors / musicians, public figures, athletes, cartoon figures, or other well-known figures
  • Content that is not clearly comprehensible or discernible. This includes non-English text, images where the subject matter is unclear (i.e. blurry, distorted, etc.) or may be interpreted as violating the guidelines
  • Business promotional content on consumer accounts (this may be permitted on small business accounts) or any image that promotes a cause, club, association, fraternity/sorority or other type of organization
  • Children who are not COMPLETELY clothed. Children in bathing suits, diapers, etc. are NOT permitted
  • The addition of text (numbers or letters) anywhere on a personal card (may be permitted on our small business card)
  • Political, religious, or anti-religious statements and/or content
  • Drug use and/or drug products
  • Anything that is perceived as abuse or underage use of alcohol or tobacco
  • Provocative, lewd, or sexual content - including nude or semi-nude pictures of people of any age
  • Phone numbers (e.g. 800 or 900 numbers), addresses (physical, email, or social media), or URL addresses (e.g. www.xyz.com) unless on a Small Business credit card and it is part of the official business name
  • Flags of any kind (national, state, organizational, etc)
  • Depictions of violence, violent acts, or any type of death imagery (including images of skulls, ace of spades etc.)
  • Firearms or other weapons that are the central focus of the image, or where the firearm or weapon is being used or held in a manner that could be considered threatening, or is being used in an irresponsible manner
  • Profanity, obscene content, and content that may be deemed to be in poor taste; socially unacceptable or discriminatory behavior or signs (e.g. depictions of gangs, hatred, graffiti, etc.)
  • Any reference to the Visa or MasterCard sponsorship properties
  • Money from any country (including the United States) where money is the central focus of the photo
  • Content that could lead to identity theft (including license plate images, social media pages, driver's licenses, and any other non-public information)
  • Names, trademarks or logos of other financial companies (e.g. Discover, American Express, Visa, MasterCard, etc.) or any type of negative financial commentary
  • Any image that includes emoji, stickers, or filters from an internet app; images that include anime or memes

The restrictions actually make it useless for most things that aren't photos you took yourself of like a family pet or something. If it wasn't such a hassle to go back to the stock image, I would do that and get rid of my current design I picked from their image library."

^ from the Capital One card image page. You can't get to it without logging in so I can't link it. 

Hmm...what about dressing up as a Roman Centurion, with armor but not weapons, and having someone take your photo as you stood in profile?

smiley-laughing021.gif

They might pass that one around the office for some laughs. Could become a meme 🤣 

01/2019:
10/2019:

Hover over my cards to see my limits!
Goal cards: Cash+, Freedom.
Message 12 of 14
Frequent Contributor

@Yankee2 wrote:

I've tried off and on for awhile and it's always not working.

Was wanting to see if I can change my Savior card from the ugly brown....

Anyone else been able to have that work?

How is it not working? Do you get an error?

Message 13 of 14
Regular Contributor

I changed my Savor to a plain black card without issue.  I've used it before with my own images or their standard images with no issue. 

Scores:
    Experian FICO Score 8 = 847
    TransUnion = 837
    Equifax = 837

Cards (hover over for CL & Rate):
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.