Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Car Insurance quote - wow

tag
Poki
Valued Member

Car Insurance quote - wow

I think I may change my car insurance provider

I've been with USAA for a few years, but I'm running an online quote with Progressive. If I'm looking at it right, and believe me I re-checked selected coverages, I will save $220; that includes the pay-in-full $17 discount. On top of that I have the same or better coverage; I would I also have car-rental reimbursement with Progressive, something I currently do not have with USAA.

USAA was a life saver when I lived in the Philadelphia suburbs (very high insurance rates), but in the last few years I've never checked up on insurance rates.

Progressive is good right? I assume all the insurance companies are about the same, given the regulations.

"Neither a Borrower Nor a Lender Be"
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: Car Insurance quote - wow

I have had progressive for aboutv 20 years with no problems.  They have been quick when I needed them

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 12
awal
Regular Contributor

I've had Progressive for about 4 years now and they have done right by me every time I needed them. My rates have raised a little bit each year after the first, but they have always been less than every other provider by a sizable percentage.

I rate shop ever 6 months Smiley Wink
Starting Scores: 
Current Scores:  
Message 3 of 12
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I have had USAA for years now due to them being so much lower than Progressive.  Other than giving them money each month I have never had to file a claim.

With that said, when I did have Progressive, I was in 2 pretty bad accidents.  They were awesome, had an adjuster out in less than an hour and a check in a couple days.  They even paid for everything when the at fault party was giving them the run around and stalling. 

Message 4 of 12
Poki
Valued Member

update

Switching over to Progressive, saving $220.36 on my 6-month policy, and that's with BETTER coverage Smiley Surprised lol, I feel like a sucker.

I still like you USAA, but my oh my

"Neither a Borrower Nor a Lender Be"
Message 5 of 12
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Poki wrote:

update

Switching over to Progressive, saving $220.36 on my 6-month policy, and that's with BETTER coverage Smiley Surprised lol, I feel like a sucker.

I still like you USAA, but my oh my

Progressive was fine for me but switching to USAA was $400 and change savings on my policy, but I had a stupid on my DMV report when I wasn't driving at all in my one LA mass transit experiment, but didn't file a non-use form.  Starting to get the impression that insurance carriers don't really re-evaluate you when you re-up your policy, and much like trying to get ahead salary wise my field by switching employers, usually have to wind up switching providers.

        
Message 6 of 12
KoolDev
Regular Contributor

I am with Farm Bureau and decided to check around and AllState was TWICE the price for the same coverage, ouch lol    Just looking to compare a little, not intending on changing but thought that was interesting.

My Sock Drawer: Care Credit $4200-0, JCP 2100-0, Chase 3000-0, Chase Freedom $4500.00-0, WF $1000.00-0.00
In Use: NFCU Visa Sig $17.5k- 0.00k
I still have too MANY CARDS
Starting Score 538
Current Score Oct 30-14 701 fico Eq-- 745 Fico Tu-- 713 Fico Ex
Message 7 of 12
James82
Regular Contributor

I've had Progressive for 12+ years and have always been blown away by their customer service and how well they handle claims. I've only had to file a few claims and they went better than I could have ever hoped.

Starting Score: EQ 574 - 08.28.13
High Score: EQ 714 (10/18/13) EX 686 (1/6/14) TU 664 (1/6/14)
Current Score: EQ 686 - EX ____- TU ____

Message 8 of 12
kmorr2586
Regular Contributor

If you want to be "wow'd" by car insurance rates...come to MA....I pay $200 a month for my wife and I. 

Message 9 of 12
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

BTW - I called Progressive last year and asked why my insurance had gone up a couple of points as I had not made any claims, and they lowered it  Smiley Very Happy

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.