Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card Master List?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Card Master List?

Would it be helpful to compile and categorize a huge master credit cards list for everyone for reference purposes etc?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Card Master List?

Impossible to maintain at least by a forum method vs. a database method.  Even then way way to many banks/cu cards that we will never have an idea about.  Just my two pennies

Message 2 of 6
wasCB14
Super Contributor

It might be worth compiling (or updating past efforts at) more specialized lists, like:

Hotel/airline cobrands

~$450 travel and other super premium cards

No-fee secured cards

Private label store cards (not that I think these lists are often healthy)

But trying to include every basic cash back card from every bank and CU might be tricky. I guess you could list cards easily, but knowing a card exists isn't very meaningful without some context of what it offers and any underwriting/eiligibility requirements.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 3 of 6
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Themanwhocan has about the best list that MF has tried for Smiley Happy.  You always have credit pulls db on the other site for some basic stats among other data points here.  Don't think MF wants to put a DB together of cards, stats, etc most likely due to paid ads although I certainly could be wrong.  A DB would be the best way to go at ever handling this otherwise a complete nightmare IMO.

Message 4 of 6
SBR249
Established Contributor

I feel like a wiki format is more suitable for such a compilation of cards rather than a forum listing assuming someone would even want to take on such a project. The advantages of such a format would be the easier administration, the decentralization, the adaptability, and the expandability. The problem would be it's not very browsable (though that could be mitigated) and it would be hard to curate or control. But then again, there are no perfect things in life. 

Message 5 of 6
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Themanwhocan has about the best list that MF has tried for

+1 For cashback people that thread is as close to a database for what cards you should be using depending on spending I've seen.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.