Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom categories rant

tag
McNugget
Regular Contributor

Chase Freedom categories rant

I wish Chase would just tell us the rotating categories for the entire year so we can plan.

| Amex BCP | BoA Cash Rewards | Cap1 QS | Cap1 SavorOne | Chase Freedom | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Citi DC | Citi Simplicity | Discover It Cash Back | JCrew | USB Cash+ | Target (AU) |
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom categories rant

This is pretty much why I went with Freedom Unlimited instead. I didn’t want to spend time chasing categories around.

Good return if you have spend in all those categories, though! Is there a list anywhere of what all the categories are? Curious....
Message 2 of 5
wasCB14
Super Contributor

I plan without it and just appreciate it as a nice extra when it does prove useful.
Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 3 of 5
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

I don’t have the CF,  but it is strange that they wouldn’t tell you in advance. Discover does. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 4 of 5
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Generally, they tell you what the categories are usually 14-15 days prior to the next quarter. The categories for the April-June 2019 quarter was released on 3/13 or 3/14, and then you can activate on 3/15. I think it's relatively ample time to plan. Also, if you look at the last year or 2, you can generally get an idea of what they might be per each quarter.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.