Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Reserve...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Sapphire Reserve...

Spoke to a banker today and he said that the card has been issued in such volume that Chase ran out of metal for the cards.  They will be sending out plastic in the meantime until their supply catches up.  Once new metal is received they will automatcially send it out to replace the plastic ones. The card is evidently a huge hit. 

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve...

I can believe it. I signed up for it last week and my wife was approved yesterday! I was going to wait for the wife to apply in 2 weeks but I was afraid Chase would end the promotion before than. Looking forward to the 200K combined points we will be receiving, along with the 50K we both received from the CSP in June/July.

Message 2 of 28
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

With the 100k sign up bonus, of course it is Smiley Tongue 

Message 3 of 28
creditguy
Valued Contributor

@heyarrnold wrote:

With the 100k sign up bonus, of course it is Smiley Tongue 

Yeah I was thinking that might have had something to do with it Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 28
elim
Senior Contributor

Sounds like the "Great Metal Shortage of 15' (Ritz cards).  How's the plastic look? Anyone get one?

Message 5 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

This has to be a joke, right? They actually ran out of raw material for a credit card?
Message 6 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
This has to be a joke, right? They actually ran out of raw material for a credit card?

Dude, give Diners Club a call and ask about the 'myFICOer' effect and its impact on commodity markets dependent upon plastics.  They still don't take apps today!

Message 7 of 28
Xistaben2
New Contributor

Can't say that I am surprised lol

I have two cards - a lot of people who was approved at launch has 2 cards. They had no clue who they shipped cards to already, so anyone who asked for expedited shipping got 2 cards.
Message 8 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Same thing happened with ritz. Oh my, what an experience it was.

At least the CSR looks decent in plastic. The ritz, everything is on the front with plastic, including the marriott rewards number. So cramped.
Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.