Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Reserve...

tag
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

Re: They ran out of metal Chase Sapphire Reserve Cards apparently

They also ran out of the nice boxes some people got their card in.  Mine came in a regular envelope from fedex.

Message 21 of 28
tjmolly
Regular Contributor

Sounds like JPM-Chase is going to have a good quaterly report with all the $450+$75 fees they are collecting.  Time to buy some stock! :-)

Message 22 of 28
righthererightnow
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase is running out of metal cards for CSR...

".....Despite its whopping $450 annual fee, so many people signed up...."

!! !

Message 23 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase is running out of metal cards for CSR...

Well seeing YES there is a upfront $450 but chase is hoping people keep the card at minimum 3 years. Heres a quick break down for anyone that wants to see the RISK chase is taking.
$450 upfront cost
-$300 travel credit 2016
-$300 travel credit 2017 before FEE date
-$1000 minimum for bonus cash as high as $1500
- $100 global entry fee
-$100 priority pass some may use it more/less
So for $450 you get $1800 to $2300 even more if used wisely.
Chase is taking a BIG risk with this card and gicen how many people are now apping for it.
Message 24 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Just applied today and I'm prepared for the plastic. Heard they'll send a metal one when it becomes available. Fine with me, as long as it swipes and does its job, I'm good Smiley Wink

Yes but will the EMV chip work on it? 

Message 25 of 28
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Just applied today and I'm prepared for the plastic. Heard they'll send a metal one when it becomes available. Fine with me, as long as it swipes and does its job, I'm good Smiley Wink

Yes but will the EMV chip work on it? 

I certainly hope so! Otherwise its Apple Pay or manually typing in the CC #. Any method to process the payment is fine with me Smiley Tongue

Message 26 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve...

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
This has to be a joke, right? They actually ran out of raw material for a credit card?

Dude, give Diners Club a call and ask about the 'myFICOer' effect and its impact on commodity markets dependent upon plastics.  They still don't take apps today!

Well, the Diners Club tsunami was so devastated that they haven't been able to recover since December 2014 Smiley Wink

Message 27 of 28
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve...

I still don't understand why Diners cannot open itself to apps. Running out of plastic is BS reason, do they not have enough capital to issue any more credit? It's almost 2 years so I want to know the real reason why they don't want people apping anymore

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.