Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase UR - AA

tag
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

Chase UR - AA

Hey guys so I'm from the West coast and I'm planning to see this chick but in order for me to get to her, I have to plane with AA. I don't want to use cash but UR points, transfer partners, not UR as cash. How do I go about doing that and which one do you guys recommend? Thanks!
13 REPLIES 13
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase UR - AA

@TheBoondocks wrote:
Hey guys so I'm from the West coast and I'm planning to see this chick but in order for me to get to her, I have to plane with AA. I don't want to use cash but UR points, transfer partners, not UR as cash. How do I go about doing that and which one do you guys recommend? Thanks!

I believe the best solution is to book award tickets as a British Airways Executive Club member on AA metal and pay with BA Avios. 

UR can be directly transferred to Avios.

I haven't done it because I do not fly AA.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 2 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

You have CSR, right?  Does it have to be AA exclusively?  If so, and you have sufficient URs to redeem you can transfer to travel partners (e.g. BA).  Have you already used the travel credit?

Btw, Is this a different chick or the same one from Louisiana?

Message 3 of 14
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

Haha man, Fin idk how you still remember bro lol. But nah, it's a different one, well she has 3 kids and divorced and all but we're serious about each other. I'm a single dude and she's planning to come to Cali too when the time comes. And I know a lot of guys wouldn't do it, but somebody has to do it. Yup, I have the CSR, as of now AA is the cheapest and everything else is so expensive. I wish it was Delta or so but even if I go to SFO, it's still gonna be AA. I have used to travel credit already and I have not yet to transfer to points, I'm kinda scared on that part cause idk how it works when it comes to airlines, but for hotels it's no problem. I just don't want it to have BA points and I have to fly with BA even tho they're partners with AA.
Message 4 of 14
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@TheBoondocks wrote:
Haha man, Fin idk how you still remember bro lol. But nah, it's a different one, well she has 3 kids and divorced and all but we're serious about each other. I'm a single dude and she's planning to come to Cali too when the time comes. And I know a lot of guys wouldn't do it, but somebody has to do it. Yup, I have the CSR, as of now AA is the cheapest and everything else is so expensive. I wish it was Delta or so but even if I go to SFO, it's still gonna be AA. I have used to travel credit already and I have not yet to transfer to points, I'm kinda scared on that part cause idk how it works when it comes to airlines, but for hotels it's no problem. I just don't want it to have BA points and I have to fly with BA even tho they're partners with AA.

BA and AA are both OneWorld members and it's pretty well known you can book domestic AA flights through BA's website.   The question here is whether or not there is any availabilty of awards seating on your preferred flights. Once UR are transferred to Avios they can't be transferred back. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 5 of 14
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

How about Iberia? And can I do a dummy booking?
Message 6 of 14
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

Okay, so I just tried to see if I could do a dummy book and for it doesn't have the destination that I'm going to, I think I might have to use my UR thru Chase travel portal.
Message 7 of 14
wasCB14
Super Contributor

I've booked AA-operated flights with BA Avios several times, but not for a few months and things can change often. I know the Avios award prices rose a bit.

Last I checked, BA only had award space for flights AA had designated as "sAAver" fares. The "AAnytime" awards I was unable to book with Avios. No award availability at any award price.

Also, I've only done it for nonstop flights. I think I read that BA prices each segment separately. I don't know if there are exceptions to this, or if this practice changed.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 8 of 14
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

Yeah, things like this I'm scared of, I've never used points for airlines before, hotels are easy but this seems very confusing. I might use my Chase UR points as cash.
Message 9 of 14
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

Okay, here's the thing I'm trying to go from Oakland to Waterloo, Iowa but I don't see it even when I log into BA and Iberia, somebody told me to see if you have a AAsaver with AA and call BA to book it.
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.