cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase might forgive, but they sure don't forget!

tag
Milano
New Contributor

Chase might forgive, but they sure don't forget!

Which, I suppose, is wise of them...

I'm not really complaining - I'm just pretty surprised by this!

I haven't had an account with Chase bank since 2008. I was approved last week for CSP. Very happy about this, and long story short, Chase and I will have a good relationship going forward.

Anyway... when I created my new account on the Android app with my new credit card today (had to pick a username, password and all), I was a little shocked to see what information they've retained from 2008. They listed 2 old home numbers, 2 old cell numbers, and 2 of my e-mail addresses which I could pick from to verify myself. I didn't even remember some of those numbers it had been so long ago! They also had a home address from 2009 as my primary which I needed to delete.

Is that strange, or does Chase usually do this sort of thing? I thought it was kind of impressive, tbh. Would've thought most people dump all that extra data after a decade or more.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase might forgive, but they sure don't forget!

IME definitely not as a rep of them..

they save applicant data even if you aren't approved for or hold any of their products

Denied for a checking account? They'll still retain your info from the application 

Message 2 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Yup, Chase isn't alone with regard to specific KYC retention policies that can span decades.

Message 3 of 8
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Today we wher going through some old junkjunk in the house and came crosse a Chase mastercard from 1918 which I burnt chase back in late 1999. Just for fun of it I called the number on back of the card from my house phone the system ask for the last 4 digits on the account. I humg up the phone and called from another phone the system this time ask for the complete 16 digit account number. Then Called back Chase from my home phone and put in the last 4 digits of account number, the system call back doing reular business hours to talk to collections.

This tells me I will never get back in with Chase in this life time. Once you burn Chase and Amex you nay never get back in with them. Just for info I burnt Discover for 14K back in late 199 now today I have new credit card with 29K limit. Back in 2016 I got a pre approval offer in the mail and applied for the Discover card in June of 2016 with a starting credit limit of 9K I must have been lucky fell through the cracks, or after some time Discover purgees charge off's from ther computer system. In my mind Discover rocks.

Message 4 of 8
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

@firefox100 wrote:

Today we wher going through some old junkjunk in the house and came crosse a Chase mastercard from 1918 which I burnt chase back in late 1999. Just for fun of it I called the number on back of the card from my house phone the system ask for the last 4 digits on the account. I humg up the phone and called from another phone the system this time ask for the complete 16 digit account number. Then Called back Chase from my home phone and put in the last 4 digits of account number, the system call back doing reular business hours to talk to collections.

This tells me I will never get back in with Chase in this life time. Once you burn Chase and Amex you nay never get back in with them. Just for info I burnt Discover for 14K back in late 199 now today I have new credit card with 29K limit. Back in 2016 I got a pre approval offer in the mail and applied for the Discover card in June of 2016 with a starting credit limit of 9K I must have been lucky fell through the cracks, or after some time Discover purgees charge off's from ther computer system. In my mind Discover rocks.

Wow, a Mastercard from 1918!

Would love to know your AAOA. 🤣

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 5 of 8
firefox100
Valued Contributor

@Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:

@firefox100 wrote:

O what a typo, I would be over hundred years old. Mastercard is from 1998, what I am trying to say is that Chase keeps records for ever, I have friend who had card from a bank that Chase bought out and they closed on him because he bad record with Chase. What is scary is with all the  mergers Chase could buy out company you are doing business and then close your account because you burnt Chase they are getting to big not good for the consumer.
@Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:

@firefox100 wrote:

Message 6 of 8
mgood
Valued Contributor

I posted about this in my CFF approval thread. I got into their website and it showed address and phone numbers for me from the mid-nineties. I don't think I ever had an account with Chase. It makes sense though if they retain info from apps even if you weren't approved. It is entirely possible that I applied with them way back when.

Starting Score: EQ8 680, TU8 713, EX8 701
Current Score: EQ8 778, TU8 766, EX8 770 as of April 25
Goal Score: EQ8 780, TU8 780, EX8 780

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
AZE4 - 2% Utl - New Accts: 3/6, 4/12, 7/24
Message 7 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@mgood wrote:

I posted about this in my CFF approval thread. I got into their website and it showed address and phone numbers for me from the mid-nineties. I don't think I ever had an account with Chase. It makes sense though if they retain info from apps even if you weren't approved. It is entirely possible that I applied with them way back when.

Just keep in mind they have records from predecessor banks, which may include Chase Manhattan, Chemical Bank, WaMu, Providian, Bank One, First Chicago/NBD, FirstUSA, etc.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.