cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi AA Executive metal UPDATED with weight.

tag
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

Citi AA Executive metal UPDATED with weight.

Looks like Citi quietly upgraded the AA Executive to a metal design.

https://thepointsguy.com/2017/08/citi-metal-aadvantage-executive/

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi AA Executive metal UPDATED with weight.

My sis just recieved her metal AAdvantage Executive and I was able to weigh it.

Citi AAdvantage: .40oz

CSP: .43oz

Platinum: .60oz

Ritz: 1.03oz

So it's about the same as a CSP/CSR/Club, the front of the card looks exactly the same, the back is a bit different, Admirals Club is in larger font and World Elite font is different too.

IMG_4437.jpg

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know if I like how Citi is etching their AA cards now. I requested a AA Platinum Select replacement and it came with the same etching as the new Executives and I think I prefer the old way where they printed the details instead of the new texturized. Also, the font seems to be WAY smaller.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are the AA Platinum cards metal now?  

I wish Citi would make their ThankYou Premier metal as it's supposed to compete with the Chase Sapphire Preferred.

Message 4 of 6
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I wish Citi would make their ThankYou Premier metal as it's supposed to compete with the Chase Sapphire Preferred.

For now the only AA card that is metal is the Executive. I agree, the Premier should be metal to compete with CSP.

Message 5 of 6
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Discover2016 wrote:

My sis just recieved her metal AAdvantage Executive and I was able to weigh it.

Citi AAdvantage: .40oz

CSP: .43oz

Platinum: .60oz

Ritz: 1.03oz

What exactly is the construction of the Citi card? CSP is just a thin pice of flat metal sandwiched between two pieces of plastic, and yet AA Exec is 7% lighter.

@Discover2016 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

For now the only AA card that is metal is the Executive. I agree, the Premier should be metal to compete with CSP.

I'm not sure what they'll do. The cost of making a metal card is low, and they do compete with CSP...but they may also want to keep Prestige special in some ways to minimize PCs and closures after the nerf. Keep in mind the metal Prestige announcement came six days before the nerf went into effect. That doesn't sound like a coincidence.

They still have a lot of Prestige cards to replace, and the CSP design isn't really so hot. It's mostly plastic with no texture, peels apart with age, and I recently had to request a replacement. Granted, it was very near the end of its three-year "Good Thru" maximum lifespan.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.