Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Double Cash DC Contactless Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Double Cash DC Contactless Card

Hi,

Just PCed my citi AA to DC. Got my plastic card(s) today, and so happy to see that DC is now a contactless card! Is this the first dp of it? bc I googled citi contactless card, and found the Rewards+ and Costco cards are the only cards that have contactless feature. I think citi is gradually changing all their cards to contactless.

IMG_1880.jpg

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
RSX
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Double Cash DC Contactless Card

Nice.  

Question for you.  I did a PC almost 2 weeks ago and haven’t received my DC card yet.  Did it take awhile for you as well?

Dec 16/2019. EX. 721. EQ. 723. TU 746
Jan 25/2024 EX. 774 EQ. 751 TU 758
Inq. EX 2 EQ 3 TU 6 - - CC 2x24, 0x12
Amex BCP $35k - Apple GS $21k - BMW/Elan $19k - Cap1 QS $16.7k - Chase Amazon $13.6k - Chase Bonvoy Bountiful $10k - Chase United Club Infinite $26k - Citi CustomCash $3k - Citi DC $14.5k - CreditUnion1 $9k - DiscoverIT $31.5k - PayBoo - $15.6k - Penfed Gold - $19.3k - USB AltitudeGO -$19k- USBank Cash+ -$25k - PenFed LOC - $20k - USB LOC - $15k
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

it took me ten days to receive the new card. Finger crossed to you!

Message 3 of 13
VPExecutive
Frequent Contributor

Most or all of the credit cards on Citi's website indicate contactless is now available. Not sure if their debit cards are contactless now, however. 

Message 4 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

I received a DC replacement a few weeks ago which was contactless. Same for other Citi CCs that were expiring.
Message 5 of 13
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

Took mine about 10-14 days to receive as well. I received a letter saying "you'll receive your new card soon" about 3-4 days before the actual card arrived.

Interesting that OP's is a World Elite, mine's just a "World" card... I guess maybe because my credit limit is < $5k. It does have contactless too, though.

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my card back in 08/2017, even though I dont see a contactless icon on it, I still tried adding it to my google pay and it has been working normally
Message 7 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@coreysw12 wrote:

Took mine about 10-14 days to receive as well. I received a letter saying "you'll receive your new card soon" about 3-4 days before the actual card arrived.

Interesting that OP's is a World Elite, mine's just a "World" card... I guess maybe because my credit limit is < $5k. It does have contactless too, though.

The CL isn't correlated to the DC WEMC as there's plenty of DPs of folks getting approved for the same tier, but with <$5K SLs.  It's profile and internal criteria that drives the WEMC, event if the SL is $500.

Message 8 of 13
wasCB14
Super Contributor

My AA Plat Select to Costco PC in 2017 took about 7 weeks. Prestige to DC in 2018 was a bit faster, maybe 3 weeks.
Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 9 of 13
RSX
Valued Contributor

Ok thanks.  They emailed me on Wed saying that I should have my card and to Activate it

i am waiting until the mail arrives today and then will call them.  

Dec 16/2019. EX. 721. EQ. 723. TU 746
Jan 25/2024 EX. 774 EQ. 751 TU 758
Inq. EX 2 EQ 3 TU 6 - - CC 2x24, 0x12
Amex BCP $35k - Apple GS $21k - BMW/Elan $19k - Cap1 QS $16.7k - Chase Amazon $13.6k - Chase Bonvoy Bountiful $10k - Chase United Club Infinite $26k - Citi CustomCash $3k - Citi DC $14.5k - CreditUnion1 $9k - DiscoverIT $31.5k - PayBoo - $15.6k - Penfed Gold - $19.3k - USB AltitudeGO -$19k- USBank Cash+ -$25k - PenFed LOC - $20k - USB LOC - $15k
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.