Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Club lounge with SPG card?

tag
SkyCommander
Frequent Contributor

Club lounge with SPG card?

I have the personal SPG card and no status other than the guest plus option. I'm staying at a Sheraton with a standard room. At check in I was told that my Amex SPG card allowed me to have club lounge access. Was this an error on their part because I've stayed at a bunch of Sheratons recently and none of them said that until now.

Chase Hyatt | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase Freedom Unlimited | Amex ED | Amex Hilton | Amex Bonvoy | BoA Amtrak | CapOne Quicksilver
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Club lounge with SPG card?

@SkyCommander wrote:

I have the personal SPG card and no status other than the guest plus option. I'm staying at a Sheraton with a standard room. At check in I was told that my Amex SPG card allowed me to have club lounge access. Was this an error on their part because I've stayed at a bunch of Sheratons recently and none of them said that until now.

Error on their part as the SPG card does not come with any lounge access for any of their hotels.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mistake on their part. The business version gives you Sheraton club access for you and 1 guest but that perk is not on the personal version.
Message 3 of 6
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Mistake on their part. The business version gives you Sheraton club access for you and 1 guest but that perk is not on the personal version.

Does the personal card offer anything the business card lacks?

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wasCB14 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Does the personal card offer anything the business card lacks?

No, they are identical in every way, save that the business card gets you Sheraton lounge access and the personal does not.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Omg....but if it did....that would actually make this card even better! I already love it, but then, I'd really love it 😂

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.