Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compliments on your credit card

tag
localuser
Regular Contributor

Compliments on your credit card

Odd topic but wanted to share.

I pulled around to the drive through window and handed the lovely lady my Discover IT card she handed it back ever so slightly and said "I really like that card" I said thanks and flashed my wedding band. I had to call my wife to get a good laugh, her first response was "did she see your ring" lol.

Has anyone had their credit card complimented?
Cap1Secured $700 | Chase Slate $700 | Amazon Store $5000 | Discover IT $7000 | Lowe's $8000 | AmEx BCE $20000 | Freedom $3000
November 2014 (myFICOs): Equifax 717 TransUnion 725 Experian 717
January 2014 (myFICOs): Equifax 675 TransUnion 661 Experian 723
Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: Compliments on your credit card

Got some curious look at some restaurants with my AMEX Unicorn aka Zync. I was asked what type of card it was on some occasions.

Message 2 of 35
SpeeDj
Regular Contributor

I get compliments on my chase slate a lot. None of my other cards tho.

JP

TU:552 | EQ:561 | EX:567 | Starting Score [LP from 08]
TU:693 | EQ:682 | EX:700 | Current Score [11.21.13]
[720 Overall] Goal Score - The grass is greener in the garden! (Amex made me fall out... since 12.13)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 35
slothy
Contributor

on my csp, ive noticed a few people notice the weight difference from a std plastic card.

Message 4 of 35
localuser
Regular Contributor

Is the Amex blue on white? I can't tell from Google images on my phone.

I've also got a compliment on my Slate card. I'm not a fan of the vertical design but it was my first prime card so it's dear to me.

I take it the csp is metal?
Cap1Secured $700 | Chase Slate $700 | Amazon Store $5000 | Discover IT $7000 | Lowe's $8000 | AmEx BCE $20000 | Freedom $3000
November 2014 (myFICOs): Equifax 717 TransUnion 725 Experian 717
January 2014 (myFICOs): Equifax 675 TransUnion 661 Experian 723
Message 5 of 35
Laugh
Frequent Contributor

Yup its blue on white.

And the CSP is made of metal. 

I actually haven't gotten any compliments when I used my cards. No one even bothers to check for ID even though I wrote "See ID" instead of my signature. Maybe its because I live in NYC...

Cards: CSP 6k, Chase Freedom 6k, BCP 7.5k, Sallie Mae 8.9k, Discover 5k, BOFA Better Rewards 3.8k
Message 6 of 35
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@Laugh wrote:

Yup its blue on white.

I actually haven't gotten any compliments when I used my cards. No one even bothers to check for ID even though I wrote "See ID" instead of my signature. Maybe its because I live in NYC...

Yeah, rarely anyone checks in our area...i'm about 10-15 mi away from the city in northern nj, and even work in retail. We rarely check id's for physical card swipes, unless it's a ridiculous amount of money.

go to other places in the country, and they will often ask on the regular!

Message 7 of 35
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Moving to Smorgas Bored.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 8 of 35
eddie84
Valued Contributor

I got a few second glance here and there on the Discover It card but that's about it.

Message 9 of 35
Laugh
Frequent Contributor

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

@Laugh wrote:

Yup its blue on white.

Yeah, rarely anyone checks in our area...i'm about 10-15 mi away from the city in northern nj, and even work in retail. We rarely check id's for physical card swipes, unless it's a ridiculous amount of money.

go to other places in the country, and they will often ask on the regular!

Yeah....NYC does justice to the quote "Time is money.".

I'd feel better if they checked, but no one really cares nor do they want to "waste" their time asking for ID.

Cards: CSP 6k, Chase Freedom 6k, BCP 7.5k, Sallie Mae 8.9k, Discover 5k, BOFA Better Rewards 3.8k
Message 10 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.