Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compliments on your credit card

tag
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Compliments on your credit card

@Zany33 wrote:

Im new to the board and this question does not pertain to this subject. Can someone tell where do I go to Post a New subject/question??. I cannot find a POST button anywhere.

Click on the category you want...   ie... Rebuilding, credit cards, etc.   Then at the top of the page, above the green stickies, you will see a blue rectangle box that says "New Message".  Click that and you can start your own thread.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 21 of 35
Eightiron
Contributor

Only on my Barclay Apple card, but I was at the apple store...so I dont think that counts.

Gardening now for that spring harvest Entered 9/4/13 leaving 4/14
Message 22 of 35
JonStur
Established Contributor

People seem to love the BCE...even tho people who have the card complain about it feeling cheap and flimsy....

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 23 of 35
fembrist
Established Member

How about a complaint about a credit card? My husband just got a new Chase card (Slate, I believe) and I swore it wasn't real. Meanwhile, AMEX offers come in the mail with dummy cards that have me fooled! Smiley Surprised

Starting Score: 621
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 24 of 35
TheConductor
Established Contributor

Amex Zync gets frequent compliments.  I think it's mostly halo effect now that the secret is out about the Black/Centurion card.  If it's an Amex in a color they've never seen before, people assume it must be exclusive.  But still, it is a nice looking card.  I like the subtle hologram and the centurion portrait remains one of the classiest design elements in the industry.

Chase Freedom gets a surprising amount of compliments, especially from the under-30 crowd.  The green edges and the metallic blue give it an edgy appeal.

And Chase Sapphire Preferred.  People do notice the weight.  And in my opinion, it's the best-looking card design in my wallet right now.  Magnetic stripe is tinted blue to harmonize with the colors of the card, fonts are all crisp and readable.  It's a nice little artifact.

None of these have ever gotten me laid, though.

My razor wit and playful flirtatious nature do that for me.  Smiley Wink

Starting: EQ 622 (myFICO 7/7/12), EX 696 (TU FAKO 8/14/12), TU 621 (CK TransRisk 7/24/12), Total CL $1k on 2 TLs
Current: EQ 709 (CCT 2/4/15), EX 704 (CCT 2/4/15) , TU 702 (CCT 2/4/15), Total CL $110.3k on 14 TLs Goal: 740+ x3
My Wallet: Amex BCP $30k, Chase United Explorer $16k, Amex SPG $13.5k, Barclaycard Ring MC $12.5k, Chase CSP VS $12.2k, Discover it $10.5k, C1 Venture VS $6.5k, Chase Slate $3.5k, Amex Hilton Surpass $2k, Barclaycard Apple V $2k, Chase Freedom V $1100, BoA Cash Rewards V $500, Citi BestBuy $500
My Loans: Prosper $25k/36mo, Prosper $17k/36mo
My Business: Chase Ink VS $5k, Amex BRG NPSL (> 10k),
Message 25 of 35
marty56
Super Contributor

@TheConductor wrote:

None of these have ever gotten me laid, though.

Back in my credit dark days they got me screwed though.

If some stares at my fugly RBFCU MC card, I smile to myself since it's PIF these days.  It don't get much better then that.

My next CC

http://www.yandy.com/Platinum-Credit-Card-Costume.php

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 26 of 35
jgodfrey82
Regular Contributor

Zync. . At least once a week.. happened tonight at a food truck, the busiest one in town and she said never seen it before
Message 27 of 35
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@jgodfrey82 wrote:
Zync. . At least once a week.. happened tonight at a food truck, the busiest one in town and she said never seen it before

Zync absolutely.

On the flipside, my BCP draws laughs rather than compliments: looks like it's been to hell and back after using it as my default card for the last nine months, and it's devoloped a bend to it as well.  Cheap and flimsy are definitely appropos descriptions.

        
Message 28 of 35
thom02099
Valued Contributor

Zync/Unicorn!   As Tina Turner sang "simply the best"! 

Yes, it's a simple card

Yes, it's rewards were nothing to write home about.

Yes, ti was not really given the support it merited from AMEX.

And yet...

That mystique.  That dazzlingly elegant design, perhaps one of the most aesthetically perfect cards ever designed.  Certainly on a short list of top 5 cards of all time for design. 

Message 29 of 35
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@thom02099 wrote:

Zync/Unicorn!   As Tina Turner sang "simply the best"! 

Yes, it's a simple card

Yes, it's rewards were nothing to write home about.

Yes, ti was not really given the support it merited from AMEX.

And yet...

That mystique.  That dazzlingly elegant design, perhaps one of the most aesthetically perfect cards ever designed.  Certainly on a short list of top 5 cards of all time for design. 

For where I was credit wise at the time, the rewards were brilliant.  Connect and Restaurant packs were fantastic for me then, though now I could likely do better if I weren't trying to keep clean for a mortgage.  I agree on it's being incredibly aesthetically pleasing.

        
Message 30 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.