Did you mean: 

Compliments on your credit card

tag
Roarmeister
Frequent Contributor

Re: Compliments on your credit card

@localuser wrote:
Odd topic but wanted to share.

I pulled around to the drive through window and handed the lovely lady my Discover IT card she handed it back ever so slightly and said "I really like that card" I said thanks and flashed my wedding band. I had to call my wife to get a good laugh, her first response was "did she see your ring" lol.

Has anyone had their credit card complimented?

Somehow, I think that if you got the message to flash your wedding band, she really wasn't commenting on your card!  More likely a little flirting going on.

Starting Score: EQ 732 October 2007; Current Score: EQ 839; TU 865, July 2022;
Oldest Reporting EQ Account: 20.4 years; EQ AAoA: 9.9 years;
ACTUAL Oldest account 40.1 years; ACTUAL AAoA 19.3 years.

Message 31 of 35
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

Definitely get compliments on my CSP on a regular basis and when ever my Zync comes out of my SD.

I do love my CSP, have to admit, partly because of the design.

Barclays Uber - 4% Restaurants, 2% Online Purchases/Everyday Card || PenFed Cash - 5% Gas || Amazon Visa Signature - 5% Amazon || U.S. Bank Cash+ - 5% Utilities, 5% Cable/Internet || AMEX BCP - 6% Groceries || WF Cash - Cell Insurance || Rotating 5% Categories - Chase Freedom, Discover It, Citi Dividend || AMEX Zync - For Fun!

Message 32 of 35
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Revelate wrote:

@jgodfrey82 wrote:
Zync. . At least once a week.. happened tonight at a food truck, the busiest one in town and she said never seen it before

Zync absolutely.

On the flipside, my BCP draws laughs rather than compliments: looks like it's been to hell and back after using it as my default card for the last nine months, and it's devoloped a bend to it as well.  Cheap and flimsy are definitely appropos descriptions.

Hah, at Chipotle the cashier actually glowingly complimented my disreputable BCP.  Having posted this and then have that happen, it was all I could do to restrain my laughter.

        
Message 33 of 35
Boragard
Established Contributor

Haven't used my IT card out in public yet, but I remember when I had my AMEX zync I got compliments on it all the time.

Message 34 of 35
chwebb1
Established Contributor

I've gotten compliments on my American Express Blue Cash Everyday and Barclaycard Ring.

photo NUS000000180_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo DISCOVER_IT_LG.gif photo card_1.png photo night-launch.png photo NUS000000012_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo bankamericard-better-balance-rewards-credit-card-small.png
$15000 ........... $12500 ............ $11750 ............ $10000 ........... $9400 ............ $5000 ............. $5000
In the Garden until at least November 2015
Message 35 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.