Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corona 😭

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Corona 😭

As businesses are shut down and pay checks eventually coming to a screeching halt, unfortunately the bills won't. Do any of you think there will be a possibility that creditors will waive late payment fees and/or suspend payments on credit card bills, car notes, mortgage or loans ? 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
donkort
Valued Contributor

Re: Corona 😭

I know they are proposing canceling evictions in New York City. 

There could be other measures implemented, too.

FICO 8: EQ 810; TU 816; EX 822 as of 7/5/2022
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Apple Card is allowing people to postpone March payments. I haven't heard of any other banks doing anything similar as yet. I am of the mind to get more credit now so I have a utilitization cushion in place once banks start tightening up on lending.

Message 3 of 10
egghead88
Regular Contributor

I'm pretty sure most lending institutions have contingency plans in place for different scenarios during this crisis that includes waiving late fees and payments, but we are in uncharted waters right now. It's anybody guess on where all of this ends up. 

@Anonymous wrote:

As businesses are shut down and pay checks eventually coming to a screeching halt, unfortunately the bills won't. Do any of you think there will be a possibility that creditors will waive late payment fees and/or suspend payments on credit card bills, car notes, mortgage or loans ? 

@Anonymous wrote:

Message 4 of 10
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

This economy is going to the crapper real fast.

My son and DIL and my hubby all work in bar/restaurants jobs which are shutting down for undetermined amount of time.  The town announced all utlilities postponed and no shut offs. well thats great but your bills are just going to get bigger while you are out of work.

Unfortunately my son lives paycheck to paycheck no vacation time and we can help a little but not too much. This is going to wipe so many out not only health wise but more so financially....................................

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 5 of 10
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Jnbmom 

Hey Sistah!Heart

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm a banker and porfolio manager..  We're going to defer payments for anybody who asks. Not just delay... but defer to the back of their loans with no penalty.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jnbmom wrote:

This economy is going to the crapper real fast.

My son and DIL and my hubby all work in bar/restaurants jobs which are shutting down for undetermined amount of time.  The town announced all utlilities postponed and no shut offs. well thats great but your bills are just going to get bigger while you are out of work.

Unfortunately my son lives paycheck to paycheck no vacation time and we can help a little but not too much. This is going to wipe so many out not only health wise but more so financially....................................

I think this will be worse than 2008.

Message 8 of 10
Azuieldrago
Frequent Contributor

As of now, our local elec provider has extended our winter no shut off (Live in upper WI, cannot shut utilities off in winter). There is a petition to get it where our mortgages, rent and other utilities cannot be shut off with no forclosures or evictions. Not sure if that will go anywhere. Esp landlords as some of them rely on the rent to cover their own bills. 

30 day post DC
60 days post DC
94 days post DC

INQUIRES

Store Cards
Message 9 of 10
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm a banker and porfolio manager..  We're going to defer payments for anybody who asks. Not just delay... but defer to the back of their loans with no penalty.

+100

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.