Credit Card App Traditions?

tag
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Credit Card App Traditions?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

I have a drink, or 5....

Do you drink before the app, after, or a little of both? It helps relieve stress that's for sure haha. 

I actually rarely drink. When I do, it's an adventure.

Message 11 of 26
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@pinkandgrey wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'll read through approvals and then do mental gymnastics to tell myself I'll have a chance of approval on app

Whether I do get approved is another situation Smiley Wink

My strategy is quite similar to this lol. I'll add that there's a lot of "Ok, I'm going to do it. No I'm not. Ok, go for it. No, it won't work. Hmm I'll just try....No, no, no chance." 

I'm too jaded at this point. I just pull the trigger. Either I'm approved or I'm not. If I'm not, the letter will tell me what I need to work on.

Message 12 of 26
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

When I request a CLI I pull the card out of my wallet and slap it down on the desk. Right next to my drink.....or 5. 

Very nice, grasshoppa

Message 13 of 26
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

My typical ritual goes something like this:

"What's the worst that could happen? A couple points lost from the inquiry? Whatever, I want the card."

followed by...

"Dangit. Oh look, an email from Experian saying I lost 5 points."

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 14 of 26
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

I have nothing too amusing, other than my one-time spite app.  New Years 2016/2017.  Asked for a CLI on my then 10 year-old Freedom card that was at $3700.  Denied.  Denied again on recon after full interrogation about every single balance shown on my reports from analyst.  Two HPs and no CLI.  

Noticed I had a green check mark offer for CSP, entered income and housing data, instantly approved for $12,000 at lowest APR offered for the card.  Approved a few months later for a Slate at lowest APR and received my first and only Chase auto-CLI of $1500 on Freedom around the same time.  After the spite app, Chase seems to like me now.  Got a $14k CLI on CSR and picked up Freedom Unlimited for $15k last year.

I only did it once, but I would make spite apping a tradition.  😂

Really my only tradition these days is overconfidence when submitting an app and that brief flash of "what did I just do?!?" as soon as I click submit.

Message 15 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@pinkandgrey wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'll read through approvals and then do mental gymnastics to tell myself I'll have a chance of approval on app

Whether I do get approved is another situation Smiley Wink

My strategy is quite similar to this lol. I'll add that there's a lot of "Ok, I'm going to do it. No I'm not. Ok, go for it. No, it won't work. Hmm I'll just try....No, no, no chance." 

I'm too jaded at this point. I just pull the trigger. Either I'm approved or I'm not. If I'm not, the letter will tell me what I need to work on.

Don't even think about it just do it. Go straight in headfirst. It works for some people and I believe most people do that.  

Message 16 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@coreysw12 wrote:

My typical ritual goes something like this:

"What's the worst that could happen? A couple points lost from the inquiry? Whatever, I want the card."

followed by...

"Dangit. Oh look, an email from Experian saying I lost 5 points."

I have that conversation when I want a card so badly haha. 

Message 17 of 26
Remedios
Credit Mentor

My only tradition is to transpose as numbers, than having to call, explain me is me, get a stupid text, read stupid numbers back (transposed again because dyslexia requires goat sacrifice), then get approved while CSR on the other side wonders how I live like that. 

Message 18 of 26
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

No rituals here, but I have noticed every time I app for a CC, its past midnight 😴😵 Then I wake up in the morning and see all the emails 😱

Message 19 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

The more of these that you have on a Citi card list of transactions...

citi-cause_of_cli.png

...the better your SP CLIs will be....

citi-costco_visa-2nd_sp_cli_2500.png

Alcohol increases credit limits. I learned that from these forums and a stuffed penguin at a bar in New Hampshire.

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.