Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card forum and Weight Loss!

tag
Bella1980
Established Contributor

Credit Card forum and Weight Loss!

So I may be going through the negative after effects of an app spree and have decided to be proactive in all corners of my life.

I am tying my apping days and myfico forum reading to my weight. I have decided that I will not app for 2 years(until my inquiries drop off my cr) and I am not going to allow myself to read this forum until I have worked out each day!

I realized that I have spent an average of 4 plus hours each day on Myfico.com since the end of June. Though this is great for my learning I don't think it has helped my weight, my suit recently arrived from speigels.com and it didn't even fit (even though I ordered a size that I had thought would have been too big). OUCH!

So now I am only going to allow myself to come onto this forum when I have worked out for at least 45 minutes a day. I am hoing for a 20lb weight loss by October 1st!

Starting Score: TU- 682, EQ- 698, EX- 713
Current Score: TU- 723, EQ- 747, EX- 737
Goal Score: 760 PLUS FICO's

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Card forum and Weight Loss!

If you jump into something like that and stick with it, I promise you, it is sooo rewarding! I started working out about 10 months ago, and I'm OCD about it. Kinda like the way I lurk/troll these forums. When you start learning about fico scoring and credit, you see the ways you can improve scores, it becomes addictive. It becomes something like a game. You see how your actions can improve your scores and you want to keep playing to see how far you can get or where the next action will take you.

Exercise is the same way for me. Plus, I have killed myself in the gym for close to the last year, I would hate to stop and loose everything I have worked for.

If you are new, I know of a couple of pretty good forums like this one, where you can read up, research, and ask for help. I want to be sure its ok with the mods before I post them up in here.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

going2tdc wrote:

If you are new, I know of a couple of pretty good forums like this one, where you can read up, research, and ask for help. I want to be sure its ok with the mods before I post them up in here.

Thank you for making sure the sites you want to link to are OK to post here.  Generally, external links are OK as long as the content of the site does not violate the FICO Forums TOS, including credit repair information or other material that would be inappropriate if posted here directly.

If you have any doubts about the particular links you would like to post, you can PM the links to me or another moderator and we can let you know if they would be OK.

Message Edited by cheddar on 08-10-2008 05:51 AM
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Those are great goals.

Speaking as someone whose lost 160 pounds in the last 18 months, it's definitely worth it, and you'll never regret it.

Well, except for when you've got to go buy brand new clothes because every thing's too big!
Message 4 of 8
Bella1980
Established Contributor

I would love to know the forums that are good for WL as well. You can pm me if you want.

And thanks for the support!! :-)

going2tdc wrote:
If you jump into something like that and stick with it, I promise you, it is sooo rewarding! I started working out about 10 months ago, and I'm OCD about it. Kinda like the way I lurk/troll these forums. When you start learning about fico scoring and credit, you see the ways you can improve scores, it becomes addictive. It becomes something like a game. You see how your actions can improve your scores and you want to keep playing to see how far you can get or where the next action will take you.

Exercise is the same way for me. Plus, I have killed myself in the gym for close to the last year, I would hate to stop and loose everything I have worked for.

Starting Score: TU- 682, EQ- 698, EX- 713
Current Score: TU- 723, EQ- 747, EX- 737
Goal Score: 760 PLUS FICO's

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is my favorite. It moves kinda slow, but the people are very nice and helpful. Most of the time it is the only one I visit. Don't forget to check out the resources tab too, some good templates and what not. You may have to post a few times to get access to it.

http://clutchfitness.com/forums/

This is another one. I'm not in love with it but its ok. I shop at the online store they have. There is a section that may catch your interest. You have to register after reading the 5th post or so. Smiley Sad

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/

Not much known about this one, its an online store with forum, articles, etc. I have heard about it here and there, but never really took the time to check it out. Looks like there could be a lot of good info here.

http://bodybuilding.com/fun/index.html

I hope this helps. Should be a good start.

Message Edited by going2tdc on 08-10-2008 11:57 AM
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Those are great goals.

Speaking as someone whose lost 160 pounds in the last 18 months, it's definitely worth it, and you'll never regret it.

Well, except for when you've got to go buy brand new clothes because every thing's too big!

That is wonderful!!! Buying new clothes would be the least of my worries, lol I would look at it as a reward! Way to go with the hard work!
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since the discussion on this thread is generally about weight loss support, and not about credit cards, I'm moving it to the SmorgasBoard.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.