Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card thoughts?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Card thoughts?

Reading around on these forums, the curiousity strikes me..

• What is your favorite credit card that you currently have?
  • What credit card do you want the most that you don't already have?
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Card thoughts?

@Anonymous wrote:

Reading around on these forums, the curiousity strikes me..

• What is your favorite credit card that you currently have?
  • What credit card do you want the most that you don't already have?

Picking a favourite card is like picking a favourite child,  Unless they're a bitter disappointment, I love them all equally. Smiley Wink

Also, "favourite" changes, sometimes daily.  My go-to cards are AMEX BCP, Penfed (I want that new Penfed 2% CB card....probably top answer to your 2nd question.  Other than that, believe it or not, LL Bean, and something from FNBO), and Citi AA.  After hitting my spend to get the new bonus, BCP will become just a grocery card. At that point, I will probably put the Chase SW card back in rotation. Also, Sams for gas and Disc for whatever the bonus catagories are.

Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I suppose to answer my own questions above..

• I don't currently have a credit card so I couldn't have a favorite yet
  • I have always been a fan of American Express. Getting in the door with an American Express BCE card would be sweet!
Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

So my favorite card right now has to be my CSP because I must met my spending limit and that means $625 in travel rewards for me this summer! I do plan on using that card a lot more so I can get $1000 in travel rewards by summer but man, this card rocks. It's beautiful and it has an amazing reward system. I am looking at the CPR eventually which looks a million times better but with an even HIGHER AF but for all the perks you get, it's absolutely worth it. 

Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Depends on for what.  Our favorites Amex bcp, Discover, Citi Dc and somtimes Capt 1 QS.    Amex bcp  for gas and grocery (when I am not fighting what they call a supermarket), Cit Dc 2% on everthing but they are tight with cl, Discover love the service, good limit, Discover Deals and 1 st year match. Capt 1 QS instant post of the 1.5% 

We do pay in full each month. We probably use Amex.   With your scores you probably could get a secured Discover and after 6 to 8 month it might  graduate

Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So my favorite card right now has to be my CSP because I must met my spending limit and that means $625 in travel rewards for me this summer! I do plan on using that card a lot more so I can get $1000 in travel rewards by summer but man, this card rocks. It's beautiful and it has an amazing reward system. I am looking at the CPR eventually which looks a million times better but with an even HIGHER AF but for all the perks you get, it's absolutely worth it. 

I was too excited lol I meant CSR hahaha

Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Depends on for what.  Our favorites Amex bcp, Discover, Citi Dc and somtimes Capt 1 QS.    Amex bcp  for gas and grocery (when I am not fighting what they call a supermarket), Cit Dc 2% on everthing but they are tight with cl, Discover love the service, good limit, Discover Deals and 1 st year match. Capt 1 QS instant post of the 1.5% 

We do pay in full each month. We probably use Amex.   With your scores you probably could get a secured Discover and after 6 to 8 month it might  graduate

I have been reading a lot about the different perks of cards. I am in the process of rebuilding and just this week got approved for Cap 1 and Discover secured cards. Waiting for them to come in the mail so that I can get the activated and put them to proper use.

Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I assumed that's what you meant. I have heard a lot of good things about Chase as far as travel is concerned. My mom has the Chase Explorer card and she loves it.

Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I assumed that's what you meant. I have heard a lot of good things about Chase as far as travel is concerned. My mom has the Chase Explorer card and she loves it.

Chase has been pretty good to me lately. I had a little hiccup with them before but once you are in and you show them that you can make on time payments, they become your best friend! They truly have the best travel reward cards and if that is something you need then please please apply to Chase. They will take care of you. 

Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover will graduate. C1 should to at some point.  Once you get the chance graduate the Cap 1 to QS or QS 1.  The QS 1 is easier to get  but has an AF. 

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.