Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Limits above $50K ... anyone?

tag
Aim_High
Super Contributor

Credit Limits above $50K ... anyone?

I have seen a few postings about credit lines ABOVE $50K on a single credit card.   That is my highest current card limit.

I do know that many lenders put an upper limit on how much they will loan to ANY single creditor on a particular type of card or in total credit lines, regardless of your credit score or income.  Credit lines over $50K seem to be rare from my experience, but feel free to prove me wrong.

If anyone has MORE than $50K on a SINGLE credit account, please discuss it here.  (This is not counting multiple accounts with a single bank or your overall limit with several banks.)    What card?  What was your initial credit line?  How long have you had it?  What is current credit line?  And what is your income & credit score? 

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
47 REPLIES 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Limits above $50K ... anyone?

I do not myself. One of my friends has a $92k limit on a Citi Prestige though, that is the highest limit I heard of.
His income is cerca $150k, no idea about the rest.
Message 2 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Bank of America/University of Michigan Alumni Cash Rewards Visa Signature card that currently has a $70,000 credit limit.  The account was opened on 8/3/17 as a $2,000 Platinum Visa.

Message 3 of 48
JamP
Valued Contributor

The closest card I have is my BCE at $48,500 - my last cli was denied. I was hoping for a cool 50k.

My next closest one is my Discover IT at $39,500 which will probably never see 50k.

If the Citi Gods allow me to get in under the CLI train, my Citi DC will be real close.

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 4 of 48
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Many people have cards higher than 50k on a single card.  My highest personally at the moment other forum members are at 99k that i cant think of off hand and yet others > 100k on a single card

Message 5 of 48
iced
Valued Contributor

@Aim_High wrote:

I have seen a few postings about credit lines ABOVE $50K on a single credit card.   That is my highest current card limit.

I do know that many lenders put an upper limit on how much they will loan to ANY single creditor on a particular type of card or in total credit lines, regardless of your credit score or income.  Credit lines over $50K seem to be rare from my experience, but feel free to prove me wrong.

If anyone has MORE than $50K on a SINGLE credit account, please discuss it here.  (This is not counting multiple accounts with a single bank or your overall limit with several banks.)    What card?  What was your initial credit line?  How long have you had it?  What is current credit line?  And what is your income & credit score? 

Chase Sapphire Reserve at $80,000. Started at $30,000 and had it about 2.5 years (or however long it's been around take a few months). Both income and score are unremarkable.

Message 6 of 48
nccarguy1
New Contributor

Two.  Chase CSR at $60,000.  Original CL was $34,000.  Got to current CL by combining and closing old cards.  NFCU Flagship at $75,000.  Started at $25,000 6-7 years ago.  Reconnect when I got the card and got increase to $40,000 with same inquiry.  2 years ago I stopped at branch and asked for increase to $75,000.  Was put on phone and asked to provide paystubs.  Sent them that night why I got home.  Got email notification the next afternoon with approval. 

Message 7 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Spark is 150 K, but it is a business credit line for my personal biz.  It does report to my credit however.  C1 is one of the stingiest lenders with high credit limits so it took a bit of work.

Message 8 of 48
seattlecredit08
Frequent Contributor

Very interesting thread. I don't have yet any cards over $50K; the closest I have is just over $30K.

What I am always curious about is how does one typically grow SL on these type cards, e.g. going from the initial SL of let's say $20-$30K to $80K.

Is it almost always through a customer -initiated CLI or auto-CLI?

The reason I am asking is because while we do hear quite a bit about > $50K limits, we almost never hear about SLs over $50K on a single revolver.

Thanks!

Message 9 of 48
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I have a $500 credit card! Nobody beats the Wiz!
Message 10 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.