Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit -Loans-and other

tag
maggie88
Valued Member

Credit -Loans-and other

, I like to say be wary of going into jewlery stores this time of year. My husband decided to surprise me with a ring and he chose a reasonable priced one, $500.00. Yet he did not know my ring size. He brought me into the store to fitted. ( this is the wrong thing to do guys) When he did, the owner of the store, said oh she deserves better, and we all know where this goes. They checked his credit and because it was so good, decided that he deserves a set costing $2,500.  When I found this out I was really ticked off.   I went back to the store and  returned the rings and got the $500.00 one instead.  I don't like that when they push more than the budget  can afford. My husband was shocked, but was glad.

So be careful with pushy sales girls who want to make commissions off you by  pushing more expensive things your way and more than what you can really afford. It may look sweet then. But the bill isn't sweet, especially when the GEMB company charges 29.99% interest.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Re: Credit -Loans-and other

+1

-- good advice!

Message 2 of 4
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

Great advice!

Don't go over your budget!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@maggie88 wrote:

I went back to the store and  returned the rings and got the $500.00 one instead.  I don't like that when they push more than the budget  can afford. My husband was shocked, but was glad.

Excellent advice, and thank you for sharing the story!

I'll bet your husband was more than glad. I'll bet he was very heartened that you truly loved and valued the gift that he picked for you. Good for you! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.