Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One Bank TV Ad

tag
BearsCubsOtters
Frequent Contributor

Re: Credit One Bank TV Ad

@Anonymous wrote:

They are so desperate to get customers so I saw recently a new tv ad showing guy at a gas station pumping gas and somehow a lighting sparks came out, seems like a guy from 1700s with white clothing and gold thing and he made a magic, a goat in his car.

The result: he earned 5% cash back.

Crazy if you call that. But my advice: Stay AWAY from them.

LOL. He is Cashio, God of Cash Back. He is supposed to be a Greek or Roman God as in BC time, not 1700s. 

I prefer the commercial where he is at the grocery store and asks which aisle gnoci is in. 

Credit One....they were First National Bank of Marin until they decided to play off Capital One's name and image by changing their name and logo. They are also owned by a collection agency so there is that.  And like Capital One's humble beginnings, Credit One has made strides in the market and is going after slightly more prime customers with cards like the Six Flags card, the Best Friends card and the Vegas Knights card. These have different levels of creditworthiness just like Capital One. 

Credit One serves a purpose though. For people who feel that is their only option, it does provide a way to rebuild credit. 

Message 11 of 21
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Remedios wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
My account wasn't charged off, I closed it because they refused to get rid of that stupid $8/mo fee and the AF too.

Totally worthless card.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Removal-Paid-Collection-Help/m-p/6353478

Whoopy.gif

I think we're ready for Smorgs given the TV commercial topic ️🐼 

I didn't have seatbelt on and now I'm injured

See, gotta wear that seatbelt!  Thread here...NOW here! 😂  And, always wait until the ride comes to a complete stop.

Whiplash.gif

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BearsCubsOtters wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

They are so desperate to get customers so I saw recently a new tv ad showing guy at a gas station pumping gas and somehow a lighting sparks came out, seems like a guy from 1700s with white clothing and gold thing and he made a magic, a goat in his car.

LOL. He is Cashio, God of Cash Back. He is supposed to be a Greek or Roman God as in BC time, not 1700s. 

I prefer the commercial where he is at the grocery store and asks which aisle gnoci is in. 

Credit One....they were First National Bank of Marin until they decided to play off Capital One's name and image by changing their name and logo. They are also owned by a collection agency so there is that.  And like Capital One's humble beginnings, Credit One has made strides in the market and is going after slightly more prime customers with cards like the Six Flags card, the Best Friends card and the Vegas Knights card. These have different levels of creditworthiness just like Capital One. 

Credit One serves a purpose though. For people who feel that is their only option, it does provide a way to rebuild credit. 

Just to set the record straight. Credit One was the one that developed the logo. Capital One is the one that infringed on it. Capital One came out with their similar logo a full two years after Credit One developed it.

Just saying

Thanks

Mark

Message 13 of 21
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@FinStar wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
My account wasn't charged off, I closed it because they refused to get rid of that stupid $8/mo fee and the AF too.

Totally worthless card.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Removal-Paid-Collection-Help/m-p/6353478

Whoopy.gif

See, gotta wear that seatbelt!  Thread here...NOW here! 😂  And, always wait until the ride comes to a complete stop.

Whiplash.gif

You didn't turn seatbelt sign on, it's your fault. 

Message 14 of 21
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Remedios wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Totally worthless card.

Whoopy.gif

Whiplash.gif

You didn't turn seatbelt sign on, it's your fault. 

My bad.

SeatbeltSign.jpg

Message 15 of 21
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I've now had it for 15 hrs and we didn't go anywhere

Message 16 of 21
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The goat was to signify he got 5 percent back, jeez.

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 17 of 21
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

I just received a preapproval for the credit one wander with 95.00 af,

NO WAY

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Income 40k
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 18 of 21
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

Now Experian sent me an email that i am peapproved for a bunch of credit one cards including the wander no af.

They must be desperate

Income 40k
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 19 of 21
NRB525
Super Contributor

Credit One and goats

Saw a Credit One ad this morning. Use the new Credit One 5% rewards card for a gas fill up, and a weird guy in a toga will make a goat appear in the back seat of your car. 

Actually true, since the interest rate clock may start up as soon as you complete the fill up. 

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.