Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One Bank TV Ad

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit One Bank TV Ad

They are so desperate to get customers so I saw recently a new tv ad showing guy at a gas station pumping gas and somehow a lighting sparks came out, seems like a guy from 1700s with white clothing and gold thing and he made a magic, a goat in his car.

The result: he earned 5% cash back.

Crazy if you call that. But my advice: Stay AWAY from them.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Credit One Bank TV Ad

Your Credit One has been charged off. 

I don't see why you're mad, they should be. 

As far as commercial, it's no less believable than Sam Jackson getting super excited about 1.5% cash back on the card he probably does not have. 

Message 2 of 21
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

As far as commercial, it's no less believable than Sam Jackson getting super excited about 1.5% cash back on the card he probably does not have. 

What?????  Next you'll be saying that paid celebs aren't always fully sincere about the products that they endorse!

Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

My account wasn't charged off, I closed it because they refused to get rid of that stupid $8/mo fee and the AF too.

Totally worthless card.
Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

What?????  Next you'll be saying that paid celebs aren't always fully sincere about the products that they endorse!

Well it all depends. Does he drive around with a goat in his car too? Just like the OP says its the new thing to doSmiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 21
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
My account wasn't charged off, I closed it because they refused to get rid of that stupid $8/mo fee and the AF too.

Totally worthless card.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Removal-Paid-Collection-Help/m-p/6353478

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

They reported that but I have letter stated I CLOSED it upon request, in print hard black/white.

They messed up, big time.
Message 7 of 21
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Totally worthless card.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Removal-Paid-Collection-Help/m-p/6353478

Whoopy.gif

I think we're ready for Smorgs given the TV commercial topic ️🐼 

Message 8 of 21
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

I not seen one yet but i will say this. They have aggressively inudated my mailbox for about two months and a couple of times looked almost exactly the same as the Capital One mailers also received that if you didn't look close enough you could couldnt nearly distinguish them apart until actually looking close up. They get the disposal of course, both really, but are nearly strikingly similar.

In fact the Credit One APR i looked at had the better of the two APR, 19% compared to Capital One's 26%. Yikes

But rebuilders are off the table here regardless.

Message 9 of 21
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@FinStar wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Totally worthless card.

Whoopy.gif

I think we're ready for Smorgs given the TV commercial topic ️🐼 

I didn't have seatbelt on and now I'm injured

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.