Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card spend Let’s see it

tag
Bankrupt2019
Established Contributor

Credit card spend Let’s see it

Let's see what some of you all put through your credit cards. I'm sure this is just chump change for some of the members here

AA2BEC4E-8702-4170-B7CB-CD77724AFE62.jpeg

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit card spend Let’s see it

$20,000 this year YTD on the CSR compared with $29,000 last year. Travel really took a hit. 

I have a few AmEx but aggregate spending for the year is less than half of what I did on the Chase. Would be unimpressive. 

I am proud to say that while I currently have one 0% and one 1.99% BT offer that will be paid off in March, I have not paid a dime in double-digit interest this year! I have been paying the statement balance, within the preceding week of the due date. Sometimes I was feeling spunky and paid the current balance, but rarely. 

Message 2 of 22
Bankrupt2019
Established Contributor

I've been super fortunate all 0% except for 1 1.99% plan but even that has cost me less than the rewards 

Message 3 of 22
Credit12Fico
Established Contributor

@Bankrupt2019 wrote:

Let's see what some of you all put through your credit cards. I'm sure this is just chump change for some of the members here

Did you buy a car with the CC?  $11K in service cost is ridiculous. What are you driving? A Jaguar/Land Rover Smiley Happy?

Message 4 of 22
Bankrupt2019
Established Contributor

@Credit12Fico wrote:

@Bankrupt2019 wrote:

Did you buy a car with the CC?  $11K in service cost is ridiculous. What are you driving? A Jaguar/Land Rover Smiley Happy?

🤣😂 engine work for a project car 

Message 5 of 22
Schwartzinator
Frequent Contributor

Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 8.34.37 AM.png

Some of these categories are probably a little off with Chase's coding, but either way total spend on my part is down significantly in Travel and dining categories as is general spending in "shopping". This is the first time I won't make Best Buy Elite Plus since the program launched. 

Message 6 of 22
Bankrupt2019
Established Contributor

I really thought this topic would generate more posts I guess not 🤷🏻‍♂️ @AllZero 

Message 7 of 22
sxa001
Valued Contributor

Having a number of different cards that get love and not all of my cards supported on Mint I don't have a great one stop shop to see all spend summaries across accounts.  I will continue to improve my tracking over time.  I did think it might be interesting to share this comparison between 2019 and 2020 from my Costco card.  Part of this is trying to use cards that earn more than 1% on non travel/dining/costco/gas purchases.  The other part is less travel and less dining out.  10K difference in spend.  While I expect travel will increase somewhat in 2021, I truly hope our excessive dining out days are over. 

Screen Shot 2020-12-20 at 1.44.20 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-12-20 at 1.44.33 AM.png

Message 8 of 22
mgood
Valued Contributor

Where do you find these charts?

Starting Score: EQ8 680, TU8 713, EX8 701
Current Score: EQ8 771, TU8 766, EX8 775 as of March 28
Goal Score: EQ8 780, TU8 780, EX8 780

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
AZE5 - 2% Utl - New Accts: 2/6, 4/12, 6/24
Message 9 of 22
sxa001
Valued Contributor

@mgood wrote:

Where do you find these charts?

Spend summaries are available online or in the app of most cards or you could link your cards to something like Mint to view spend though categories aren't always accurate. 

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.