Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit obsessed

tag
pats23
Contributor

Credit obsessed

anyone else obsessed with credit....not obtaining crazy amount just like crazy obsessed with being perfect. I check this forum more than facebook at this point and can't consume enough knowledge...at work I try to talk a little credit with co-workers and they just look at me funny. I feel like the majority of the world has no clue ...

This just me??

$4000----------- $5000------------$15000-------------$3500-------------NPSL----------$2500------------$5000----------$10000--------$5000
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
namvet
Established Contributor

Re: Credit obsessed

No it's not just you.  There is a lot to learn in the credit game.  Most people don't know much about credit and are not interested,  People on this forum are interested and have a lot to say.  There are even a few here that are credit obsessed other than you.  Too bad they don't teach this subject starting in grade school.

Message 2 of 15
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

It is seriously ridiculous how uneducated a lot of us are or were. I can't believe how much knowledge I lacked in the past when trying to start a credit history. I had no clue what I was doing and ruined it. I hope this is my last and final successful attempt. I've already learned so much from these forums that I never knew. I've been pretty obsessed the last week, not even sure where the desire came from other than being turned to down to refinance my car for a lower payment.

Message 3 of 15
oscar_actuary
Frequent Contributor

I'm getting there.

I have great credt simply because of a sense of duty and no likey paying interest.  Not so much by purpose

I never worred much about loan rates on cars because I aggressively paid them off.  Almost, as if I punished myself for borrowing rather than fighting for lower rates.

That has all changed with recent awesome refis.  I am paying closer attention to keeping a great score and will look to massage it further and have a better attitude overall towards borrowing

FICO EX 827, 2015 Feb; FICO EQ 836/900 (Citi), 2014 Dec; FICO TU08 818, 2015 Feb.

BofA Cash Rwrds Sig V 2013 10k; Fidelity Rewards AmEx /BofA 2013 15.4k; Chase Freedom Sig V 2002 24.1k; Chase Amazon Rwrds Sig V 2011 8k; Sam's Club MC 2002 10k; Dscvr It 2012 10k; Citi Dvdnd Plat Sel V 2013 8.9k; PenFed Plat Rwrds V 2013 20k; AmEx Blue Sky 2013 11.3k; AmEx BCP 2014 24.1k; Priceline Rwrds Sig V 2013 8.7k; PayPal Xtras GE Cap Plat MC 2012 5k

Message 4 of 15
hausfrau
New Contributor

They should force high school kids to pass a consumer credit class in order to graduate.

Starting my rebuild!

Message 5 of 15
hausfrau
New Contributor

And yes, I'm obsessed right now. I also actually have adhd, and that helps matters none at all. I get hyper-focused on things, to the point of slacking on others. It usually abates when I "learn" whatever the new and shiny thing is, but there is so much to learn here... I might end up with this as my long term "SQUIRREL!"

Starting my rebuild!

Message 6 of 15
SpiceIslander
Frequent Contributor

You are NOT alone. I rarely post (usually too lazy to log in) but read these boards 4 - 5 times each day! I should really post more, especially since I gain so much from the site but I'm usually reclining with a cup of coffee and too comfortable to sit up and type. LOL!

Meg.

FICO: 4/2016 - TU 841 | EQ 840 | EX 837

FNBO 23,600 | Amex SPG 13,900 | Amex BCP 13,400 | Barclays/Sallie Mae13,000 | Discover IT 12,500 | Lowes 10,000 | PLOC 9,300 | NASA FCU 8,700 | Citi Simplicity 6,200 | BOA Platinum+ 6,000 | Achieva CU 5,500 | Chase CSP 5,000 | Sam's Club 3,000 | Sears 900
Message 7 of 15
kibarrow
Established Member

Fellow obsessor!
Pageonce umpteen times per day
Use an pay in full
mint once or twice
Identity guard blah blah
Not just you
http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/2760iB9166C1A493A3CBC/
Message 8 of 15
rebuildingmission2013
Contributor

+1 hausfrau

High schoolers need to be taught the ins and outs of credit before 18.  Hopefully soon this will become an achievement standard in schools like learning to write checks, etc...

Message 9 of 15
kibarrow
Established Member

Yes... So agree!. And I'm hoping my youngsters follow the lessons taught when they take off for school.
Credit card/banks love students... They're not allowed to setup shop like they did in the student centers anymore but they're mailing. Had to add him to the opt out!
So much more than getting an A in math, and then not grasping what 14% can do if left unattended.
I agree with SpiceIslander. I have gained so much but need to post.
http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/2760iB9166C1A493A3CBC/
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.