Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CreditOne physical mail spam...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CreditOne physical mail spam...

So CreditOne will not stop sending me offers for their terrible card. Suppose this is isn't the first and not the last for people complaining about it. Seems the only way to get them to stop is to opt myself out of all pre-approved credit card offers but I don't want to do that. I want to get offers just not form them.

I suppose it's par for the course and i can't do much to get them to stop?

But seriously after getting it 6+ times they don't get the message I don't want their card? Seems like they are just wasting money at this point Smiley Happy  

On the flip side it gives a USPS employee a job. 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: CreditOne physical mail spam...

Just toss them in the recycle bin. It sounds like you're a bit offended by receiving them. Once you're no longer in their target demographic, they'll stop.

Message 2 of 14
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Just toss them in the recycle bin. It sounds like you're a bit offended by receiving them. Once you're no longer in their target demographic, they'll stop.

I would agree; eventually Credit One will realize that you're not their ideal consumer and they'll stop sending you their garbage. FWIW, I received Credit One mailers for a loooong time even after getting some prime cards. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 3 of 14
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Well, for one I won't toss anything in the recycle bin that has a pre-approval code, I shred them. I also get regualar Credit One offers and I'm far past their target demographic, Fico score in the 730s and you can see the prime cards in my sig. And annoyingly they don't give you a return mail envelop, they tell you to app online or by phone. I finally got rid of AARP that way - I wrote on their app with a sharpie "I've been throwing your crap in the trash for 10+ years, take a hint and take me off your mailing list!", stuffed in the biz reply envelop, nothing since then. AARP may be a worthwhile organization, they just ticked me off when they started mailing me mailers when I turned 50, and then found me within a few months when I moved to AZ, I think they buy your info from state DMVs. There's nothing worthwhile about Credit One, I wish they'd take a hint.

Message 4 of 14
GApeachy
Super Contributor

I just write on the envelope "DEAD- return to sender"

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 5 of 14
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

Smiley Very Happy

That would probably work, but I live in  small town and gossip about my untimely demise would probably get around and I'd scare the %^$#@! out folks when they ran into me, especially coming up on Halloween time. Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 14
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

Smiley Very Happy

That would probably work, but I live in  small town and gossip about my untimely demise would probably get around and I'd scare the %^$#@! out folks when they ran into me, especially coming up on Halloween time. Smiley Wink

So do I, but I don't care....if they didn't call to find out the truth; or come by to console my poor dh, let'em @#%@ a gold brick when they see me bee-boppin in!  hahahahaSmiley Very Happy

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

DaveInAZ can you please contact me, I have questions about your issue with the Car Dealership in Tucson who failed to provide you with your Vehicles Title within the A.R.S. timeframe of 30 days. I need help!

Message 8 of 14
iv
Valued Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

I dunno.... that's all fun and games until they "helpfully" report you as deceased to the CRAs!

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope they are still not done sending me stuff.

Now they sent me a offer with a grace period. Not that i'm taking it. 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.