tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Daily life of a Mod/Admin/Comm leader

@CS800 wrote:

@Shogun wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

Just a random question:

How do you figure out who gets invites to be a Mod/Admin/CL??? Smiley Indifferent

Certain criteria?

Truthfully....  Mods are chosen from the CLs.  CLs are those that have been noticed by the mods or administration as having going above and beyond in helping on the boards.  They must adhere strictly to the TOS and have a history of bad behavior on the boards.  When positions become available, or there is an increased need of help with the boards, the mods will choose those that they have considered to meet the guidlines.  Once this has been done, it goes before administration to do the final verdict.  Also note, that that which has been given, can be taken away.  You must keep your nose clean and continue the same character you have demonstrated in the past, or you get kicked from the big table.   Smiley Happy

That must be a tough choice. I see many of the board with a long history of experience and from which I have learn a lot over the years. I do hope one of these days, I could pay some dues on here from what I have learn.

My list is too long but people that come to mind are WaltK, Ray, LS, Creditaddict, Tinu, Hauling, guiness, MarineViet ......

Eh, this is what gets me. I dont see any pattern or reasoning for who gets picked. It seems almost random. To be honest it's kind of a turn off to this forum when you;ve been here so long and offered good advice and never get a crack at it yet others do who havent been here as long. Smiley Indifferent

Not like I know who exactly gets invites and just turns them down or whatever, I can only speak for myself.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 41 of 78
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

I was a mod ONCE....and that's all it took!  Just give me a diet pepsi and I'll read all day.  People drove me nuts.

Message 42 of 78
KaLin
Administrator Emeritus

@fishbjc wrote:

I was a mod ONCE....and that's all it took!  Just give me a diet pepsi and I'll read all day.  People drove me nuts.

Ha!!  I can relate.  But as you can tell. . . I'm still here.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 43 of 78
CS800
Super Contributor

@fishbjc wrote:

You used to be a mod on here?

Message 44 of 78
eddie84
Valued Contributor

@fishbjc wrote:

At least you have more mature people on these boards.  The one I used to mod were full of kids (PlayStation Underground forum, now being run by Lithium again). lol 

Message 45 of 78
CS800
Super Contributor

Well as a FICO vet (been on here since 2008), I would be interested in becoming a CL/Mod. I'm sure my posts speak for themselves Smiley Happy

Message 46 of 78
Mike_C
Administrator Emeritus

As Admin/Blogger for myFICO, I spend most of my day surfing Reddit.

Then heading to the myFICO forums when I need to find out what people are talking about for a new blog article.

They pay me in Starbucks coffee and Nature Valley crunchy granola bars.

Message 47 of 78
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@Mike_C wrote:

As Admin/Blogger for myFICO, I spend most of my day surfing Reddit.

Then heading to the myFICO forums when I need to find out what people are talking about for a new blog article.

They pay me in Starbucks coffee and Nature Valley crunchy granola bars.

So unfair Smiley Sad I get stuck with Milk Duds and cheap cola from Aldi's 

I need a intervention 

Message 48 of 78
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Milk Duds, Starbucks, granola bars? Hey! What about me? Smiley Sad
Message 49 of 78
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Milk Duds, Starbucks, granola bars? Hey! What about me? Smiley Sad

You can have the leftover butterfingers that Bart Simpson couldn't sell Smiley Happy

Message 50 of 78
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.