Did you mean: 

Daughter had minor fender bender.

tag
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Daughter had minor fender bender.

@GApeachy wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

he just seems like a real jerk.  (Well, he is...no need yelling or fussing at your daughter)

I know it's my daughters fault and she knows that I just don't want this guy trying to pull a fast one, or atleast try to. (He might but Progressive should handle it..might be a good thing they are both ins. with them.)

OP, glad your daughter is okay.  I once rear-ended a car causing them to rear-end the car in front of them, an SUV.  I pulled over, the lady I hit pulled over, the SUV ran the light, hauled butt.  Anyway, no harm done...we just laughed about the dude that fled and probably why.  The next day while waiting in line to pick up our kids, the same woman the day before that I hit....well, she hit me.  Gotta laugh.  Some people just take fender benders so personally, dang....that's what Ins. is for "oopsie daisies" and serious collisions. 

I think your daughter was smart pulling out of traffic, we have signs everywhere telling us to pull out of the way if no injuries involved...it's a safety precaution. 

So anyway, hope she learned a valuable lesson like I did.........stay far back, be sure everyone is moving, no brake jammers ahead and hopefully that's good enough.  ( Boy oh boy, if my dh would have been there, that guys neck would Really be hurting if he talked to me or my kids like that! ...bet he was a calm-sweetheart of a guy when the cop showed up. Smiley Mad )

Thanks so much for your kind words @GApeachy 

Yes I would have loved to be there to ring his neck, not way to act over a fender bender. Well progressive already completed the claim and paid him 453.00 , I hope that is worth it to him and a part of me hopes his insurance goes up for filing a claimSmiley LOL

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 11 of 13
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@Jnbmom Good to hear that your daughter is okay.  These can be scary situations to deal with.  It's not worth reasoning with the other person if they're angry as they won't hear what you're explaining anyway.  

Like @UncleB mentioned, situations like these are best left to the insurance company.  They have professionals who can determine what the extent of an accident can be.  They know that folks like the guy who your daughter had to deal with are only out for $$$ and can detect it right away.  

He got what little he could squeeze out of them and he'll move on until he finds his next cash cow.  Some people make these type of situations a sport...and they try to get better at squeezing money out of each situation they find themselves in.  

Happy 4th to you and again, happy to hear that your DD was okay!

Message 12 of 13
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Loquat 

Thank you so much for the reply. Yes so very grateful she was ok and as @UncleB  stated progressive took care of it very quickly. 

Happy 4th to you and yours as wellSmiley Happy

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.