Mega Contributor

Re: Didn't receive AA or have any cards declined today

@Remedios wrote:

Dedicated to Chase 

To the SD , to the SD
To the SD to the SD
To the SD, to the SD

Everything you fraud alerted in the box to the left
In the closet that's my stuff, yes (PIF)
If I bought it with metal card please don't touch

And keep reviewing that mess, that's fine
But could you app and app at the same time?
And it's my mine name that is on that card
So remove your checkmarks, let me call you a cab

Standing in the front of ATM telling me
How I'm such a fool, talking about FU
How I'll never ever find a bank like you
You got me twisted

You must not know 'bout my new accounts 
You must not know 'bout my new accounts 
I could have another you in a minute

Matter fact US Bank be here in a minute, baby
You must not know 'bout AR 
You must not know 'bout AR 
I can have another you by tomorrow (not really) 

So don't you ever for a swipe get
To thinking you're irreplaceable 
So go ahead and get gone
And call up that chick and see if she's contactless 
Oops, I bet ya thought that I didn't know 
What did you think I was side eyeing  you out for?

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b1/2c/e4/b12ce4ecafe9c6a817ce810fc361cfa6.gif

HeartHeartHeart

Message 31 of 49
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Well, had an embarrassing Flagship decline at the work cafeteria a few weeks back. Went thru the line, CEO right behind me, chatting him up while waiting my turn.....

Guy swipes my card....declined. Of course guy says, Its not going thru. My world got very small very fast, lol. Then I remembered I had frozen my card. (sighs), so I swiped my name badge, luckily that worked, LOL...

I turned to folks behind me, CEO included and said, "let that be a lessen to you, and remember to unfreeze your card before using it". I don't think they believed me. Smiley Sad
Message 32 of 49
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@pizza1 wrote:
Well, had an embarrassing Flagship decline at the work cafeteria a few weeks back. Went thru the line, CEO right behind me, chatting him up while waiting my turn.....

Guy swipes my card....declined. Of course guy says, Its not going thru. My world got very small very fast, lol. Then I remembered I had frozen my card. (sighs), so I swiped my name badge, luckily that worked, LOL...

I turned to folks behind me, CEO included and said, "let that be a lessen to you, and remember to unfreeze your card before using it". I don't think they believed me. Smiley Sad

Why didn't you just unfreeze it and have them swipe again?

Message 33 of 49
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

Why didn't you just unfreeze it and have them swipe again?

I didnt have my cell phone with me to log on...Smiley Sad

Message 34 of 49
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Everything of mine has been rock solid for quite a while. My last decline was when I ordered the legacy design Discover card and tried to use it at Home Depot (during a 5% home improvement quarter) I forgot to set it to active when I opened the envelope.

Over a year ago I had some issues when I took DW and my daughter shopping about 400 miles from home. The card terminal at Victorias Secret was screwy and wouldn't read any chips and kept telling me to swipe. Chase FU- decline, BoA - decline, Amex BCE- decline... I made the girl ring it on a different register and Chase Sapphire went right through. I got fraud alerts on all 3 cards within about 10 minutes.

Then the Hawaiian BBQ that I took some clients out to. Sapphire declined, BoA declined, Amex PRG worked (thankfully!) This was another terminal that had a chip reader but the hostess said it was only set up for mag swipes. Both Chase and BoA sent fraud alerts.

I recently bought my daughter a 2007 Volvo S40 from a private party for $1200. The girl selling it let me pay through her small business Square Cash app! I hit my BBVA SUB getting her 4 new tires and taking care of some minor mechanical issues. I got 1200UR and my SUB, my daughter got a pretty nice car for a 19 year old heading off to college in a couple months.

My spend is typically schizophrenic due to using my cards for reimbursible work expenses, so most of my lenders are now used to seeing a few large purchases go through here and there.

Message 35 of 49
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I made a routine Sam's Club purchase a few days back and there was no drama... I think USAA has finally figured out that Sam's is normal for me. 

It's the weirdest thing... the few times I've actually expected there to be an issue the charge has always gone right through, and the times there's been hiccups have been the routine, boring (and usually small) charges.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Message 36 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

I made a routine Sam's Club purchase a few days back and there was no drama... I think USAA has finally figured out that Sam's is normal for me. 

It's the weirdest thing... the few times I've actually expected there to be an issue the charge has always gone right through, and the times there's been hiccups have been the routine, boring (and usually small) charges.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Since you used USAA I am assuming you obtained the 2.5% USAA Limitless Cashback VS? When I started writing this I was thinking a different card and then it dawned on me the one you likely used. Must be my day to be an "air breather" ... Smiley Embarassed

Message 37 of 49
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

Since you used USAA I am assuming you obtained the 2.5% USAA Limitless Cashback VS? When I started writing this I was thinking a different card and then it dawned on me the one you likely used. Must be my day to be an "air breather" ... Smiley Embarassed

LOL... yep, that's the one.  Ironically, Sam's is about the only place it gets used, since I have 3% (or better) cards for nearly everywhere else. 

I also have a USAA Rewards Visa (2% dining/gas, 1% everywhere else) but it hangs out with my socks.  Occasionally I'll use it for a debt-shuffle (due to easy no-fee cash advances) but it's otherwise useless. 

The USAA Limitless used to be my Walmart card as well, but once I realized that grocery could be a 3% category on the BBVA ClearPoints (and my WM codes as grocery for Visa) the Limitless is basically just for Sam's Club and a few other minor things now. Smiley Sad

Message 38 of 49
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Maybe it's just me, but I thought this topic was supposed to be tongue in cheek after all the recent AA and card issue threads. Instead of reporting that nothing bad happened to them, everyone is posting about their issues. 🤔

Message 39 of 49
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Maybe it's just me, but I thought this topic was supposed to be tongue in cheek after all the recent AA and card issue threads. Instead of reporting that nothing bad happened to them, everyone is posting about their issues. 🤔

It is tongue-in-cheek, but if one wants to vent about past issues that are no longer occuring (like in my own case) that goes along with the theme. 

(It would be weird to post elsewhere that my Limitless is working as it's supposed to.)

Message 40 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.