Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disadvantages of that HUGE CLI - I'll let Peter Lalor explain

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disadvantages of that HUGE CLI - I'll let Peter Lalor explain

See this beer?EDsOiOvX4AAUw2u

That is the most expensive beer in history. I paid $99,983.64 for it in the Malmaison Hotel, Manchester the other night. Seriously.

It really is baffling that both Visa and our bank would allow such an amount to go through unquestioned. And, guess what? They agree that there is a refund in the system but it will take 9 working days for it to go through. In the mean time there’s a massive hole in my finances

https://twitter.com/i/events/1169876079567237120

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Disadvantages of that HUGE CLI - I'll let Peter Lalor explain

lol, It'll never happen to me....with everything combined.Smiley Wink

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Perhaps the thread's title should be "Don't make purchases with your Debit card" since its quite obvious that's what occurred or they wouldn't be "a hole in his finances" immediately.

So I'm wondering what any of this has to do with CLIs, or credit limits in general.

Message 3 of 7
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Perhaps the thread's title should be "Don't make purchases with your Debit card" since its quite obvious that's what occurred or they wouldn't be "a hole in his finances" immediately.

So I'm wondering what any of this has to do with CLIs, or credit limits in general.

At this point, after reading all the comments on twitter I feel proud to say, "My take home pay don't take me home" and neither do my cards, debit, bank...nothing, nada.  omg, hahahahahaha!

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

In the sequence of remarks in his twitter feed,  Lalor mentions, "it really is baffling that both Visa and our bank would allow such an amount to go through unquestioned."

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

In the sequence of remarks in his twitter feed,  Lalor mentions, "it really is baffling that both Visa and our bank would allow such an amount to go through unquestioned."

I'm sure that you're aware that Visa issues debit cards, and the fact that he mentioned his bank allowing the charge indicates that it was a debit card.

Message 6 of 7
GApeachy
Super Contributor

I found his interview with the Guardian:

“I woke up to an alarmed phone call from my wife, who had found a massive hole in my mortgage account,” said Lalor. “They can take the money out in a second but apparently it takes them up to 10 working days to put it back. I’m losing a fair whack of interest and as of this moment, I’m $99,000 out of pocket.

“One wag commented that I’d just been charged London prices.”

However, the £55,000 price tag by far outstrips the £22.50 per pint Speedway Stout that was on offer in a London branch of the Craft Beer Co pub chain last year.

“It looks like I’ve ordered the most expensive beer in history,” said Lalor. “It was good but not that good.”

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.