Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Android app-can't take screenshots

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover Android app-can't take screenshots

Is this Android(Samsung?) or Discover?... Wanted to send DH a pic with the $123.44(1cent away from perfection!) cashback and got a notification it's not possible due to a security policy Smiley Sad This is the only financial app that does this... Does anyone know a fix? 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Discover Android app-can't take screenshots

Before the thread is moved. Its a Discover built in thing.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! Yeah, didn't really know where to post it... Is there a way to change the settings? I'm gonna go dig through their website a bit
Message 3 of 9
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Take a pic with another phone. It's embeded in the app as flag secure which banks ban screenshots in the app code from andriod and IOS.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Chase app is the same way. When you try to take a screenshot you get an error message, "can't take screenshot due to security policy"
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

...so Discover is scared of the internets lol! ...why they have to send a CLI denial letter in the mail and refuse to give a simple explanation online "for security reasons"... I think they don't want people to take screenshots of the bugged balances&payments they show after midnight, when your acct turns into a freshly fed gremlin 😆
Message 6 of 9
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
...so Discover is scared of the internets lol! ...why they have to send a CLI denial letter in the mail and refuse to give a simple explanation online "for security reasons"... I think they don't want people to take screenshots of the bugged balances&payments they show after midnight, when your acct turns into a freshly fed gremlin 😆

Theyre required to by law. Some banks, like amex, allow digital now. Don't know how they're getting around it, but personally, I can't wait until everything is digital.

Message 7 of 9
Felony_Phil
Established Contributor

Why don't you just log into the website and get your screenshot that way? Believe me, the technology is there.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I find logging into a website from my phone a lot less secure than an app with biometrics access... And I only have 1 phone 🤣 Also DH just informed me that Wells Fargo app does the same thing. I guess Disco app is getting better so shouldn't be too mad at them... Cap1 app is still my favorite!👌
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.