Did you mean: 

100 new Discover It card designs

tag
cr101
Established Contributor

Re: discover it card design q

@rudolphreindeer wrote:

@cr101 wrote:

is there really a groove on the right side of the card or is that just an illusion? https://card.discover.com/discover/images/account/customerservice/cards/IT_CHP_PLUM.gif

The orange stripe? I think it's illusion. I don't have it on my first ordered Raspberry and on my second Pink.

i'm referring to the circle on the right

Message 101 of 155
kerplunk
Frequent Contributor

Re: discover it card design q

@cr101 wrote:

@rudolphreindeer wrote:

@cr101 wrote:

is there really a groove on the right side of the card or is that just an illusion? https://card.discover.com/discover/images/account/customerservice/cards/IT_CHP_PLUM.gif

The orange stripe? I think it's illusion. I don't have it on my first ordered Raspberry and on my second Pink.

i'm referring to the circle on the right

It's flat. No groove.

Message 102 of 155
TSlop
Valued Contributor

Discover Card Designs

So I was pleasantly surprised by my recent order of the "greenery" card since it arrived as a smooth green metallic when I thought it was a flat lime green. So I thought I'd ask.... does anyone know what other designs are smooth and metallic?

Sticking primarily to the "standard" designs for this discussion, I've obtained the gold, greenery, ocean, and garnet cards. The gold is smooth and metallic but the ocean and garnet are not smooth (kind of have ridges). Based on the photos, most of the other colors (spruce, plum, blue, etc.) look like they are "ridged" and not a smooth design. The only solid color designs that appear to be smooth are rose quartz, ruby, greenery, gold and iridescent. I just ordered a ruby card to see if it comes as smooth and metallic.

I chatted with Discover and the agent only had access to the website photos, so they couldn't really answer my question. The only thing they mentioned was that they had the rose quartz but they said, while smooth, it wasn't metallic. Has anyone else tried a bunch of the standard cards and/or knows which ones are smooth and metallic?

Message 103 of 155
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Card Designs

i have the plum design.

to be honest, i applied for this card like 2-3 am while in bed and on my cell phone.

when it was time to choose the design, it did not have the design name listed under the photos and since while i was half asleep and in the dark, the plum looked black to me.

i was pretty suprised when it arrived and it was not black haha

it isn't a smooth finish. you can feel "riggedness" on it.

almost like a flat matte 

Message 104 of 155
TSlop
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

i have the plum design.

to be honest, i applied for this card like 2-3 am while in bed and on my cell phone.

when it was time to choose the design, it did not have the design name listed under the photos and since while i was half asleep and in the dark, the plum looked black to me.

i was pretty suprised when it arrived and it was not black haha

it isn't a smooth finish. you can feel "riggedness" on it.

almost like a flat matte 

Ya, I figure the ones that don't quite look solid in their picture are ridged/textured, and the plum was one of them.

It looks like my new thread was merged with this one so I'll read back to 2018 and see if anyone talked about metallic ones.

Message 105 of 155
Anonymous
Not applicable

Iridescent unfortunately has a textured screen over it. I don't understand why they did that but they did. I was very disappointed when I got it and just put it away and went back to Dawn of Discover. 

Message 106 of 155
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've always liked Disco's card designs and have contemplated app'ing for it for that reason alone! Smiley Tongue

Message 107 of 155
GApeachy
Super Contributor

I have the Turtle...it's gorgeous!  Like a Guy Harvey design.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 108 of 155
TSlop
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Iridescent unfortunately has a textured screen over it. I don't understand why they did that but they did. I was very disappointed when I got it and just put it away and went back to Dawn of Discover. 

That's a bummer.... thanks for the info. I would have thought it was smooth.

Message 109 of 155
cr101
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I've always liked Disco's card designs and have contemplated app'ing for it for that reason alone! Smiley Tongue

For me, this is the card that I want just for the design. So sexy. #dontjudgeme so funny how we treat our cards based on the design. i know for me, i tend to use the old raised number cards less. so bulky and just seem so old fashioned now.

Message 110 of 155
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.