Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT chip card design reviews?

tag
nyancat
Established Contributor

Discover IT chip card design reviews?

Who out here has requested a non-blue Discover IT chip card? I'm ready to request one but don't want to annoy Discover by asking for chip cards I won't be using. But, they've already pulled a bunch of designs, including the Humane Society one that they had offered for a bit for chip cards.

Specifically, I'm wondering what the back of them looks like. They greatly improved the back of the blue design by darkening it for the chip version. What colours are the backs of the Plum card (I've never seen the back of a normal one) - is it purple to match?

What about the Mix Tape card? The non-chip Mix Tape card has a hideous light silver-grey back colour, would it be too much to hope they made it charcoal or something for the chip card?

Any other comments on other designs? It bugs me Discover never brought pink monogram cards back with Discover IT...

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover IT chip card design reviews?

Mix tape one has black background. 

Message 2 of 9
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I have the spruce, but they didn't send it in a chip version even though I just got it a month ago. I don't care since chip is not turned on really anywhere yet anyway.

It doesn't really matter to me how ugly it is with chip, we have no choice but to use it, its not an optional feature so if its ugly its ugly. Spends the same. At least they still offer designs.
Message 3 of 9
thom02099
Valued Contributor

I recently requested a replacement for my IT cards...got 2 of them.  The Garnet coloured card and the New York Skyline card. 

The replacement cards look no different other than the placement of the chip on the standardized location on the front.

Message 4 of 9
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Discover called me two weeks ago to let me know that all my designs would be availabe with chip so I decided to replace them all. I have the Daisy Gerbera and Garnet red one but already distroyed the non chip versions. From looking at my new ones I do not think they look any different on the back side. Not really sure what you mean ?

Message 5 of 9
nyancat
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Mix tape one has black background. 

AWESOME! Ordered one! 

To everyone else - I mean, what colour is the back of the card (where the numbers are). It was pretty ugly on some of the designs, like a really awful silver-ish, but not silver.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 6 of 9
Bunnylocks
New Contributor

I requested the garnet, and I noticed it darker, and the previous orange ring about the "IT" sign is now the same garnet color. I really like it. 

Message 7 of 9
nyancat
Established Contributor

@Bunnylocks wrote:

I requested the garnet, and I noticed it darker, and the previous orange ring about the "IT" sign is now the same garnet color. I really like it. 

Same change they made to the blue design, then. And odd, this got moved. Sorry if I put it in the wrong place - I'm truly clueless as to how - Discover IT is a credit card product and I was asking for reviews of the cards?

Message 8 of 9
nyancat
Established Contributor

I got my mix tape one, thanks so much RedMiniStapler. It looks fantastic. 100X better than the non-chip version!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.