Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT - new design!

tag
leoment
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover IT - new design!

I caved and ordered one.. even though I already have 5! active Discover cards for one account!  (4 from when I had a Discover More, 1 from the conversion to IT)

800+ across all three (via FAKOs) has been achieved! Current goal - Get down to 6 cards in total - sitting with 8 currently.
Message 41 of 64
Feather_Hat
Established Member

oh....oh well I guess I'll have to wait Smiley Happy
btw, when I first got my discover card, it was in silver ..is it the standard one?
Message 42 of 64
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Interesting! I wonder if they're going to come out with any other colors in the future. I just converted from More to It and received my new card a couple of days ago, with the standard pale plue color. I have to admit the card has an interesting look; it's going to take a little getting used to no card number on the front.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 43 of 64
Startome
Regular Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

Just a reminder, posting images of personal cc's will result in the image being deleted by a MOD or ADMIN.  Stock images are the only pics allowed on myFICO. 

~Lexie

O.O This is why we have mods. we can't remember everything =)

Current: EQ FICO 0, TU FICO 0, EX FICO 0 | Starting Score: 0 (08/21/2013)

Starting total revolving credit: $0 | Current total revolving credit: $1600.00

Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 3-4 TU Unsure EX Unsure | Most Recent: 8/19/2013

2013 Goals:
1,000.00 Emergency Fund
1,000.00 Emergency Fund, AGAIN
Mechanically Sound Car
Unsecured Card

Fifth Third $300
U.S. Bank Harley Davidson $300
Capital One Platinum $500
2nd Capital One Platinum $500

Message 44 of 64
Silverspy
Established Member

I just received mine in the mail today! Would upload the picture, but since we're not alloud to let me just say the feel is just the same as the blue card. Color on the website is spot on but the card looks greyish at certain angles. Back is also purple and with the orange edges like the blue version!

I really like this new design! I think you guys should as well!
Message 45 of 64
GTT
Regular Contributor

will both be active or after you activate the new one, the old one becomes invalid?

Message 46 of 64
Feather_Hat
Established Member

@GTT wrote:

will both be active or after you activate the new one, the old one becomes invalid?

no, both card will be active until their expiration dates.

so if u intend to use only one card, it would be smart to DESTROY the other one.

Message 47 of 64
Feather_Hat
Established Member

@Silverspy wrote:
I just received mine in the mail today! Would upload the picture, but since we're not alloud to let me just say the feel is just the same as the blue card. Color on the website is spot on but the card looks greyish at certain angles. Back is also purple and with the orange edges like the blue version!

I really like this new design! I think you guys should as well!

i was hoping that they would've give it a extra touch and make it really different but i guess the only difference is the color.

eh- still its better than nothing XD

i am still waiting for mine =(

Message 48 of 64
GTT
Regular Contributor

My card with new design is on its way but I like the classic design as well so I don't really want to 'destory' it physically.

Is there a way to make the card invalid?

Message 49 of 64
Feather_Hat
Established Member

@GTT wrote:

My card with new design is on its way but I like the classic design as well so I don't really want to 'destory' it physically.

Is there a way to make the card invalid?

my guess is that there is only oneoption to make the card invalid..

as far as i am conerned, the credit card number (or account number as discover it says) doesn't change when u get different designed card..

so what you could do is to report ur current card lost/stolen and get a new card with completely different number..

Message 50 of 64
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.