cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do You Have a Card with a $100K Credit Line?

tag
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Do You Have a Card with a $100K Credit Line?

I have nothing to contribute, I just want to photobomb $100k thread

Message 21 of 26
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@wasCB14 wrote:
K,

Has BofA indicated any process to exceed $99.9k? Or higher limits only come on some sort of ML product?

@wasCB14 they have not. We just get the standard “sufficient credit extended by Bank of America and/or its partners” reason. It’s been mentioned to me that we could likely talk to underwriting and get approved for more, but we’re carrying quite a heavy debt load (not as bad as it was for the decade prior to me discovering myFICO and getting the revolving balances down under 6 digits) and I don’t want to poke the bear right now.

A few more years until the debt is gone (should hopefully be able to chip another $30k or so away in 2019) at the current pace and I’ll likely start things up on the Merrill side of things and we’ll be happy to see how Bank of America can entice us with Platinum Honors and a pair of $200,000 Premium Rewards cards.

I may actually have a legitimate use for a $100k card within a few years, and BofA would be on my short list. When a family trust is eventually dissolved, it's likely I'll be paying 6 figures a year in real estate taxes, with much of that spend in a short period of time (and which I could mostly pay by CC for a fee). As a busy landlord, travel would be tricky. Cash back would be preferable if my demand for miles falls as my supply rises.

More likely, though...and depending on valuation...I'd sell much of it, buy stocks, and continue to travel instead of dealing with tenants.

I have considered moving some stock to BofA and getting Premium Rewards/Platinum Honors. Generally "relationships" with banks don't matter, but it might be good to start soon if I want to get $99.9k or more in a few years.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 22 of 26
marty56
Super Contributor

No credit card company would be stupid enough to give me that much credit.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 23 of 26
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

Not yet, but I am trying!

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 24 of 26
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Yikes no LOL That would be almost scary. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 25 of 26
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

I have nothing to contribute, I just want to photobomb $100k thread

Lmao

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.