cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do credit cards make you attractive?

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Do credit cards make you attractive?

Right said Fred?

Message 11 of 92
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

My cards make me look freaking awesome!  For sure!  I'm pretty sure.  probably...  maybe??

Message 12 of 92
MT936
Established Contributor

The amex gold is one sexy card
Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $25,000 | Navy FCU Cash Rewards: $25,000 | Discover It: $20,500
Chase Freedom: $12,500 | Citi Double Cash: $10,000 | Bank of America Cash Rewards: $8,000

Message 13 of 92
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@MT936 wrote:

I had the amex gold(au) in college used it at the bars, pretty sure it was my looks, not the cards that got the women.   Just sayingSmiley Happy

Message 14 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MT936 wrote:

It'd be sexier if metal Smiley Sad

Message 15 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

As you stated OP, having prime cards shows you are financially put. I would say that it won't necessarily automatically make you attractive (we've had some rough looking women come in with AMEX & Freedom cards) that I wouldn't take a second look at in my work place. I'll remember them because their cards had dirt and goo accumulating around the numbers, hahaha. 

I did, however, have this one experience at American Eagle the day right after I got my AMEX PRG (Gold card) and the gentleman behind the counter saw me whip it out and was definitely doing some hardcore flirting. I played along and got a 35% off coupon for next time, hehe. 

Message 16 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why am I covering my cards or keep them as close to me as possible when I use them? Maybe to protect myself from fraudsters or potential crooks? All those years I could have just toss and show my fancy cards around and the ladies would be stalking me all the time *doh*
Message 17 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I haven't had my Chase Freedom card very long, but I used it recently at Belk and the female cashier looked at it and looked at me and was noticeably a lot more chatty and flirty when I whipped it out. The Chase Freedom isn't really that exclusive of a card, but there are probably not that many males in their early 20s that have the Freedom card. I don't know if the card made me more attractive as it was that the card gave off the impression of financial stability, which itself can be attractive. Little did she know she was very much barking up the wrong tree...

I'm sure there are plenty.

I decided to put that to the test and went to Creditkarma to see what it said about the median age of Chase Freedom cardholders. I am going to have to stand by my original statement. It is clear that the median age skews heavily towards the 25-34 range (55% of cardholders in fact), but not nearly as many people born in the 90s who are 18 or older have the Freedom card. In fact, 18-24 wasn't even the second most popular demographic. Of course, there are still millions of cardholders in the early 20s that have the Chase Freedom card because it is so popular (and there are definitely a disproportionate number of young people who have the card on myFICO, but myFICO members are a far cry from being representative of the general population). I'm talking percentages here more than anything.

Message 18 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I haven't had my Chase Freedom card very long, but I used it recently at Belk and the female cashier looked at it and looked at me and was noticeably a lot more chatty and flirty when I whipped it out. The Chase Freedom isn't really that exclusive of a card, but there are probably not that many males in their early 20s that have the Freedom card. I don't know if the card made me more attractive as it was that the card gave off the impression of financial stability, which itself can be attractive. Little did she know she was very much barking up the wrong tree...

I'm sure there are plenty.

I decided to put that to the test and went to Creditkarma to see what it said about the median age of Chase Freedom cardholders. I am going to have to stand by my original statement. It is clear that the median age skews heavily towards the 25-34 range (55% of cardholders in fact), but not nearly as many people born in the 90s who are 18 or older have the Freedom card. In fact, 18-24 wasn't even the second most popular demographic. Of course, there are still millions of cardholders in the early 20s that have the Chase Freedom card because it is so popular (and there are definitely a disproportionate number of young people who have the card on myFICO, but myFICO members are a far cry from being representative of the general population). I'm talking percentages here more than anything.

What does CreditKarma know?

Message 19 of 92
Involver
Valued Contributor

No.
Message 20 of 92
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.