cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do credit cards make you attractive?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do credit cards make you attractive?

I work in a bar and I once saw a 90 pound girl knock a biker chick out cold with 1 punch. That biker chick clanged louder than your measly palladium anytime. And the silence that followed was even louder. HEH.

Message 71 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I work in a bar and I once saw a 90 pound girl knock a biker chick out cold with 1 punch. That biker chick clanged louder than your measly palladium anytime. And the silence that followed was even louder. HEH.

Brass knuckles don't count.

Message 72 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

NO.  Whip out a debit card, buy me a brand new 200K ferrari & I would be impressed.  They say it's not the size of those cards in your pocket.................Woman Frustrated

Message 73 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

NO.  Whip out a debit card, buy me a brand new 200K ferrari & I would be impressed.  They say it's not the size of those cards in your pocket.................Woman Frustrated

There's a 200K Ferrari?

Debit cards are good for one thing. ATM withdrawals, the biggest reason why? Let's ignore rewards for a minute.

Consumer protection.

Message 74 of 92
Dalanar
Regular Contributor

I think at the very least it may make the person think "hmm....he must have pretty good credit..maybe he's responsible and has discipline.."  hah.

Experian: 729 Equifax: 740 Transunion: 732
Capital One Mastercard: $0.4K, Capital One Quicksilver: $5K, Chase Southwest Premier: $7.5K, Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $24.9K, Discover It: $9.4K, Chase Sapphire Preferred: $16.9K, Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve: $7.7K, Arrival+ BarclayCard MC WE: $7.5K
Message 75 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, responsibility is probably the best thing.  Smiley Wink

Message 76 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think to the untrained eye - yes. For those of us on this board - no. 

Whenever I see someone's credit card, I generally know what the requirements, UW, and type of credit profile the card says about a person. I'm not impressed (unless i see a Centurion or Palladium, because I know those cards are held by big spenders), I generally just know where a person's credit journey is and where the person's spend goes to. 

Message 77 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just a silly thought that crossed my mind.. I wonder if taking out a gold American Express card or a Chase Sapphire card on a date makes you look more attractive... I know, of course, it makes you look financially smart/secure if you have a prime card like an AMEX or any other respected brand... But what about looks? 

Man if they help I could use the approach. When I looked in the mirror this morning my first thought was : "meaner than a junk yard dog." Always open to new approaches Smiley Wink

Message 78 of 92
CS800
Super Contributor

As long as you're paying for the drinks and the dinner, she could care less.

Heck you could whoop out that First premier Gold with that sexy 36% APR and she probably still could care less lol

I'm just being a smartass.

Message 79 of 92
CS800
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I HATE (but love) working in retail because I can say I've held literally almost every type of card. 

For the first time today, I got to hold a J.P. Morgan Palladium card! (I had to refuse the woman because the name didn't match her ID.... lol) 

It was definitely heavier than a Centurion or CSP!

Yes it is. A friend of mine has one of these and It is indeed a very nice card.

You can definitely feel it in the wallet

Message 80 of 92
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.