cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you feel comfortable w your bank/cc rep working from home?

tag
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Do you feel comfortable w your bank/cc rep working from home?

@Anonymous wrote:

@cr101 wrote:

With COVID, a lot of companies are allowing that. I know that some banks allowed work-from-home even before COVID. I happened to tt a rep  from 1 of my cards last night and noticed that she was working from home...bc there was no call center chatter. She confirmed. Do you feel uneasy with the reps having access to your info while they're not on company premises w a manager hovering over them...or with their household members possibly seeing your info?

These people working from home are undoubtedly using remote desktop software of some kind like Citrix so the actual data is still secured by company servers. Anyone who wants to do bad things with your data can do it just as easily at work as they can at home. I've worked in a few call centers. Managers and supervisors don't sit on top of you watching everything you're doing. If I ever wanted to do anything shady, it would have been very easy to do so at any of the three that I worked at. 

The CRM (customer relationship management) software always puts a digital fingerprint on any info that you look at anyway so if there were a spike in fraud or something they could easily track down which employee did it. 

Yup 

When I'm on call, remote desktop software on company issued devices only, but with limited access compared to working from practice premise. 

It's 100% more pain to do anything from home. 

Message 11 of 14
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

I'm not concerned about this. To echo one of the points made earlier, an employee's environment won't stop them from stealing your information. However, I think it should also be noted that most companies that deal with CPI (Customer Proprietary Information) have restricted most, if not all, important customer identifiers from employee access systems.

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 12 of 14
Mv350
Valued Contributor

My Mom works for a bank, she rotates between WFH and working at the center. She has been in banking since shortly after I was born, almost 30 years. I am absolutely confident in them working from home. Everything they do is logged, on the computer provided by the bank. Honestly it's pretty cool that it was an option for her to do so. Now that it is required, it was a seamless transition for her. 

Message 13 of 14
iced
Valued Contributor

@cr101 wrote:

With COVID, a lot of companies are allowing that. I know that some banks allowed work-from-home even before COVID. I happened to tt a rep  from 1 of my cards last night and noticed that she was working from home...bc there was no call center chatter. She confirmed. Do you feel uneasy with the reps having access to your info while they're not on company premises w a manager hovering over them...or with their household members possibly seeing your info?

I assumed they've had access to this info for years, since online banking was a thing. If I can access my data from home, why not the bank's employees?

If this is a concern, the answer is online banking. It's more secure than talking to a human. Bank tellers are paid bupkis and the managers "hovering over them" are paid bupkis plus 2 dollars; why you would trust them in a brick and mortar bank any more than at home doesn't make sense. Besides, those same servers we're accessing for online banking log access, so the metaphorical security camera is still rolling even for employees working from home.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.