Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you hate your job?

tag
cajunboy2208
New Contributor

Do you hate your job?

Just curious to see how many people are in the same situation I am in.

I hate my job, but I like the money.

I can't just switch careers and do something I would enjoy and make the same, without having to go to school.

So, are you forced to stay at your job because of pay?

Starting Score: 577 01/10/2010
Current Score: 660 07/06/2012
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Do you hate your job?

YES! I hate it. Admittedly, I am still at the job because of the pay but have plans to quit soon.

Message 2 of 36
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Lets just say I don't like my job, and the pay is up and down.
Message 3 of 36
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

I love my job.  It's not exactly what I had in mind when I was younger (that is, I'm not the point guard for the Seattle Supersonics), but it's a good fit for me.
Message 4 of 36
demi
Established Contributor

I like my job..any job there are parts that are not fun, but overall, I have always loved what I do.  I feel fortunate that I got a degree in something, and my career is based on that degree, and I do enjoy it.  It can be quiet (I am in an office of 1.5 people, I am the 1), but I do interact with a lot of people...my previous job was in a 80+ department, so it has taken time to get use to the quiet.  I make good money, good benefits.

That said, I am looking forward to retiring in 10 or so years.

Starting Score: EQ 679, TU 697
Current Score: EQ 680, TU 672
Goal Score: EQ 720, TU 720

Message 5 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I like my job, and the pay is very good, which almost makes me love my job in general. It's not what I would love to be doing but, these days, it's a blessing to have a job period, so I can't complain. 
Message 6 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

"I hate my job, but I like the money."  My sentiments exactly.  Just glad to have a job when so many don't...but I still hate it.

Message 7 of 36
cajunboy2208
New Contributor

Seems to be 50/50 on the love/hate ratio.

I am kind of surprised, I figured more people wouldn't like their jobs.

Good to hear that people do like their jobs AND it has good pay!

I think at the end of this month I will be quitting and going back to what I love, but will take a big cut in pay. (close to 50%)

It might just force my other half to get a job, lol.

Starting Score: 577 01/10/2010
Current Score: 660 07/06/2012
Goal Score: 720

Message 8 of 36
marty56
Super Contributor

Love the work and the security but hate the poeple.  Nothing that a transfer wont solve though.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 9 of 36
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Love my profession, hate my current situation (ineffectual, evasive, untruthful manager) Smiley Tongue
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 10 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.