Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone else iron cash?

tag
variableResistor
Valued Member

Does anyone else iron cash?

Does anyone else iron cash so that it will be accepted by vending machines and does not get crumpled in your wallet?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Does anyone else iron cash?

@variableResistor wrote:

Does anyone else iron cash so that it will be accepted by vending machines and does not get crumpled in your wallet?

That's not a bad idea I guess but I've never done it.

But I can't remember the last time I had any cash in my wallet. I've become "card dependent".  Smiley Sad

Message 2 of 14
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@variableResistor wrote:

I always iron & starch my cash after I have laundered it..... Smiley Tongue

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 14
FrugalRican
Blogger

Seems like a recipe for disaster.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 4 of 14
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

@variableResistor wrote:

I always iron & starch my cash after I have laundered it..... Smiley Tongue

I actually DO wash money.  I work in a sewage treatment plant, and sometimes singles end up coming in with the sewage.  Free money is free money.  I will take it and wash/bleach  it and spend it that day.  (It may be washed, but I want to use it up ASAP- LOL)

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 5 of 14
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@crunching_numbers wrote:

I actually DO wash money.  I work in a sewage treatment plant, and sometimes singles end up coming in with the sewage.  Free money is free money.  I will take it and wash/bleach  it and spend it that day.  (It may be washed, but I want to use it up ASAP- LOL)

That's awesome Smiley Tongue  I have to ask though.....how do you retrieve stuff from the.....uh...."stuff" ??

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 6 of 14
demi
Established Contributor

One of the old hotels in San Francisco, can't remember which one, washes coins and cash, so ladies gloves won't get dirty.  At least they used too, not too long ago.

Starting Score: EQ 679, TU 697
Current Score: EQ 680, TU 672
Goal Score: EQ 720, TU 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 14
demi
Established Contributor

Used to work for an engineering firm that designed Sewage and Water treatment facilities...used to say to some its just crap, but to us its our bread and butter.  Hey, effluient put me thru college!

Starting Score: EQ 679, TU 697
Current Score: EQ 680, TU 672
Goal Score: EQ 720, TU 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 8 of 14
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

@demi wrote:

Used to work for an engineering firm that designed Sewage and Water treatment facilities...used to say to some its just crap, but to us its our bread and butter.  Hey, effluient put me thru college!

That was one way to do college, if your parents weren't, uh, "flush"...

Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 14
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

@variableResistor wrote:

No!  And it's really not at all necessary.

(Just use crumpled vending machines and old, crumpled wallets.)

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.