cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone else use speakerphone while on hold?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone else use speakerphone while on hold?

I'm scared of getting a brain tumor Smiley Surprised so I always keep my phone on speakerphone, esp when I'm holding for 5-10 minutes at a time for the CRAs & CAs... I never would have worried about it before, until DH's little "incident"... am I the only odd one or does anyone else do this?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does anyone else use speakerphone while on hold?

Cell or chordless, ALWAYS. It's logical. Limit time to the head. Over exposure is not safe.
Message 2 of 6
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

LOL! We definitely do it, just about everytime because i have to tell my mom what to say as she is cluecless about most of this credit stuff, i have been telling her she needs to start getting involved because its her credit! But she is very busy because she is currently in school for her masters in nursing education!
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 3 of 6
Uniqua
Established Contributor

I do it all the time if I am in private. However, I called a CRA once and the rep asked if I was on speaker phone. I told her yes. Then she abruptly hung up on me saying that I needed to call back when I could pick up the phone. She was so paranoid I could do nothing but laugh. I called back and got a different rep. I told him what happened and he was very apologetic. After telling him how upset I was for her rude behavior, he went ahead and completed my investigation while we were on the phone -- to my satisfaction, of course.
Message 4 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Absolutely I use speakerphone on hold, but not because of worries about the EM radiation, although I suppose I ought to. I just have better things to do than try to continue my work on the computer with my head cocked at a 90 degree angle, cradling the phone on my shoulder, and feeling the neck spasms coming on!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 6
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
Absolutely I use speakerphone on hold, but not because of worries about the EM radiation, although I suppose I ought to. I just have better things to do than try to continue my work on the computer with my head cocked at a 90 degree angle, cradling the phone on my shoulder, and feeling the neck spasms coming on!

EXACTLY.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 849
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.