cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone have solar on their house? I need help!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone have solar on their house? I need help!!

Hi,

We moved into our home 2 yrs ago this year and I cannot get anywhere with our solar people. House came with it.  We are with Duke power      ( NC) and I got everything put into our names asap.  I called asking how to read the meter after it was ready. It never moved. Got in touch with the company that installed and the guy who installed mentioned that previous owners had called and something about squirrels and wires being chewed.  I had my husband take over because he is home more. Install guy came out and said he needed to order batteries and such. ( My husband doesnt give me good info, very impatient)   Solar man said it was still  under warranty until 2020 I think but that it was pretty much out of date.  Ive read people saving a good amout of money but we arent and Id like to. 

I am ready to call them again since Its under warranty and I want it fixed. Im sure we paid extra for this in our house.  

Can it really be out of date? Is he just trying to sell us  more?  How would you handle this?  Where can I research this?

Thanks

Tara

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Re: Does anyone have solar on their house? I need help!!

You should not need batteries for solar if you have Duke Energy.

You take From the grid when you solar does not supply enough power and sell back to the grid when you have more solar power than you need.

I would get it fixed under warranty and review your power bills for a few months then entertain upgrade offers if needed.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.