cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does it bother you when cashiers lick their thumbs?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does it bother you when cashiers lick their thumbs?

At "one time" I would eat lunch at Philly connection one day me and my brother went to pick up lunch the order wasn"t completed so we are sitting there waiting in the mean time we noticed the cook preparing our sandwich"s he was leaning over the grill all the sudden big drops of "sweat poured off" "his fore-head right onto our food. Man talk about gross  I have never went back to eat at any Philly Connections ever.
Message 21 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just think I was just about to go to some where to get breakfast. I will stck with my yogurt and apple I guess.

Thanks credit08 for the visual. Sweat on food... YUCK!!
Message 22 of 75
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Aww, come on credit08, don't be a wuss. That sweat will cook right out. Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

Theoretically speaking a high enuff temperature will kill off some bacteria, germs I.m okay with that scenario!!. However it"s the visual that has left me scarred for lifeInsert Smileys Yeah you can call me a "Wuss"
Message 24 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

Once while dining out, I asked my restaurant server for a container to take home my leftovers.   She came back, holding a tray with another table's food, and carrying my opened, empty food container under her arm in her armpit!  Yuck!!!  I disposed of it in the restroom wastebasket before I left the restaurant.

Message Edited by psychic on 05-30-2008 10:11 AM
Message 25 of 75
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

I'm pretty much an anti-germophobe. If I drop my sandwich on the ground, I pick it up and eat it. Keeps my immune system strong.

I'm not so grossed out by the thumb licking as I am confused why they do it. What is the point?

Message 26 of 75
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Anyone grow up in a family with the five-second rule? (If food drops on the floor, as long as you pick it up within 5 seconds, it's OK to eat it.)

A high-schooler did this for a science fair project, and there really were significatly fewer germ colonies on the 5-second specimens. Smiley Surprised
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 27 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

haulingthescoreup wrote:
Anyone grow up in a family with the five-second rule? (If food drops on the floor, as long as you pick it up within 5 seconds, it's OK to eat it.)

A high-schooler did this for a science fair project, and there really were significatly fewer germ colonies on the 5-second specimens. Smiley Surprised

If food drops on the floor, I throw it out and then wash my hands!
Message 28 of 75
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

To clarify, this wasn't the rule in our family. Having a surgeon in the family pretty well cancels out any chance for that!

Besides, we always had dogs. Our version of the 5-second rule was that within 5 seconds, a dog would have snarfed up any fallen goodies.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 29 of 75
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

If food drops on the floor, I throw it out and then wash my hands!

Okay psychic, but what if you dropped your last spoonful of BC ready to spread frosting on the floor, and you were really looking forward to that last spoonful. Of course, you are shut in, as there is a hurricane in FL and there was no more in the house. Come on...you eat it, don't you? Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 30 of 75
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.