cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does it bother you when cashiers lick their thumbs?

tag
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: Does it bother you when cashiers lick their thumbs?

I would always wash before if I was handeling hot peppers before going to the bathroom.  I made that mistake once to my sorrow.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 51 of 75
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@marty56 wrote:

I would always wash before if I was handeling hot peppers before going to the bathroom. I made that mistake once to my sorrow.

Smiley Surprised !

Ow ow ow...
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 52 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

marty56 wrote:
I would always wash before if I was handeling hot peppers before going to the bathroom.  I made that mistake once to my sorrow.

Poor marty!!!
Message 53 of 75
marty56
Super Contributor

Oh and before I got Lasik, several contacts died as a result of my experimentation with some Red Habaneros and some Thai peppers.

I have been a Chile-Head for many many years now and such events are pretty rare these days.
Message 54 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

marty56 wrote:
Oh and before I got Lasik, several contacts died as a result of my experimentation with some Red Habaneros and some Thai peppers.

I have been a Chile-Head for many many years now and such events are pretty rare these days.

After that ordeal, I'm surprised that you still have eyes!

I like chilies, but hate being in pain when I eat!
Message 55 of 75
marty56
Super Contributor

More than a  few years ago I put some Dave's Insanity Hot Sauce on a chip.  It was my first time.  I got dizzy, I saw every credit card purchase I ever made flash before my eyes and I had this desire to play Mandy by Barry Manilow  over and over again while I was spanked with my BofA card.

Back on topic I would say that it might be fun to put some daves sauce on a dollar bill before handing to the cashier.  To quote Larry the Cable Guiy: You know thats funny!
Message 56 of 75
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

From a different thread, thought I'd post it here as well:

@KingAdrock wrote:

@Anonymous Carlin wrote:

I’m gonna tell you a true story about immunization. When I was a little boy in NYC in the 1940s, we swam in the Hudson River. And it was filled with raw sewage. OK? We swam in raw sewage. You know, to cool off in the summer. And at that time the big fear was polio. Thousands of kids died from polio every year. But you wanna know something? In my neighborhood, nobody ever got polio. Nobody. Ever. And you know why? Because we swam in raw sewage. We had strenghened our immune systems. The polio never had a prayer. We were tempered in raw ****.

So personally, I never take any special precautions against germs. I don’t shy away from people who sneeze or cough, I don’t wipe off the telephone, I don’t cover the toilet seat and if I drop food on the floor I pick it up and eat it. I eat it! Even if I’m at a sidewalk café. In Calcutta. The poor section. On New Year’s morning after a soccer riot. And you know something? In spite of all that so-called risky behavior, I never get infections. I just don't get 'em folks. And you know why? Because I have a strong healthy immune system and it gets a lot of practice.

You know what I did the day after Carlin died? For lunch I made a hamburger. And I did not cook it to an internal temperature of 160 degrees like it told me to on the package. Nope, I cooked it extra-rare. And looking back I realize I didn't wash my hands before eating it. Yes you heard that correctly, I did NOT wash my hands after handling raw beef.

And what happened? Well I'll tell you what did NOT happen. I did not get sick, have convulsions or die, nor did the sky fall in, Armageddon commence, or hell freeze over.

What did happen is I cooked the burger, ate it, and it was delicious. The juiciest burger I've had in a long time. And I'm still here, happy, healthy, and amused knowing that George truly was right. Smiley Happy
Message 57 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was reading some of the things in this thread to my spouse when my spouse told me a story about the aunt that was a cashier long ago.

Back in my spouse's hometown there was a guy who was arrested for taking his teen daughters to a club about 100 miles away to dance.

The aunt always wondered why the guy always came in and paid with a lot of $1 bills. Being the typical cashier she'd lick her thumbs when counting them out.

After she heard of the arrest, she stopped licking her thumbs to count money.

Someone asked why they lick their thumbs.........it helps your thumbs stick to the money and pull it apart faster. Same reason ppl do it when sorting through stacks of papers. They actually make a balm type stuff you can wipe your finger/thumb across that does the same thing.

Message Edited by sidewinder on 06-26-2008 09:58 AM
Message 58 of 75
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

Yes, there's "fingertip moistener" you can buy. I've used that. It actually works better than licking.
Message 59 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

Isn't there a rubber thimble thingy?
Message 60 of 75
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.